For Sale - For Sale 1982 Heritage Special II

IndyHobbes

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
Full disclosure: I thought I was a motorcycle guy. Turns out, I am not. I've enjoyed reading the threads and comments. I inherited a 1982 Heritage Special XS650 that was garage stored, but unridden for 10 years. I wanted to bring it back to glory, but current life situations have forced me to sell as a project. Good news: motor, carburetor, frame all in good working order. New tires, oil filter, air filters. No rust. Bad news: front brake inoperable (master cylinder stuck forward) rear brakes are sticking, steering stem sprockets are pitted. All repairable, per mechanic. Asking $1800. Received from my father in law who owned for 20+ years. He purchased from the first owner, a friend. Clean title in hand. I'm a novice, so please be patient.

Attachments

• 20210611_140324.jpg
    20210611_140324.jpg
    326.6 KB · Views: 345
  • 20210611_140333.jpg
    20210611_140333.jpg
    279.1 KB · Views: 307
  • 20210611_140340.jpg
    20210611_140340.jpg
    234.2 KB · Views: 256
  • 20210611_140358.jpg
    20210611_140358.jpg
    272.3 KB · Views: 280
  • 20210611_140407.jpg
    20210611_140407.jpg
    261.5 KB · Views: 257
At your asking price, this might be the only response you get. You might get it gone at half that price, but probably not on this forum. At $1800, a Heritage Special will be expected to be fully operational and presentable in appearance. My :twocents:. Good luck.

upload_2021-6-17_13-29-23.png

This is mine and I can ride it anywhere. I'd be lucky to get over $1800 for it.

I have a 1982 out in the garage, not as nice as Marty's but runs and has both working brakes. If someone offered me half that much I would probably let it go and include the original motor that had a transmission jumping out of gear problem.

Not trying to rain on Indehobbs parade but don't think the market is there for a $1,800 fixer upper XS650 yet.

I've got three sons in law and so far three grandsons and three grand daughters. This post is a reminder to me to determine which one is a motorcycle guy or gal........
My motorcycles will die with me. My daughters want them, but the only son-in-law who might be able to keep them going has no interest in motorcycles. We are the caretakers of these fine machines.

My motorcycles will die with me. My daughters want them, but the only son-in-law who might be able to keep them going has no interest in motorcycles. We are the caretakers of these fine machines.
I've been thinking a bit of that these days myself. Step daughter's husband has show no interest in anything with two or three wheels, so not much chance of him being interested. Niece's husband maybe but he has the XS400 I gave my brother when my brother got his XV1100 which I'm guessing will end up replacing the XS400 some day.

Suppose if I can hang on for 10+ years 7 year old grandson might be a possibility, just not sure if his parents would support that!

I think Marty is correct, we are the caretakers. I'm down to two XS650's, I'm 79 years old, now a days young people don't want work on a bike just to go out for a ride. Plus check things over after the ride..........

tim

I just hope I manage to keep my wits about me so when it is obvious my motorcycle days are gone so I can find someone to pass them on to! I don't really give a rat's azz about what they may bring but would like to feel they are going to someone who can appreciate them. Same with many of my other possessions and tools.

I just hope I manage to keep my wits about me so when it is obvious my motorcycle days are gone so I can find someone to pass them on to! I don't really give a rat's azz about what they may bring but would like to feel they are going to someone who can appreciate them. Same with many of my other possessions and tools.
I think Marty is correct, we are the caretakers. I'm down to two XS650's, I'm 79 years old, now a days young people don't want work on a bike just to go out for a ride. Plus check things over after the ride..........

tim
----Not related to the ad, sorry---
But I just wanted to say there are some mechanically inclined people in the younger generations. Not to date myself but I am in my VERY early 20's and buying a (non-running pile of parts) XS650 and turning it into what it is now has been some of the most fun in my life. I'd like to start collecting them as time goes by and hopefully pass on the vast amount of knowledge I have learned (and am still learning) on the forums to friends in the hope to inspire them to help the bike's live on.

Cheers to all of y'all,
Matty

Back