Fork brace

takehikes

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I don’t like front fenders but do like the front end tied together. I’ve done sone searches in fork braces but hard to get a handle in what is currently available.....and worth a darn. Suggestions or comments?

Similar to the above is the ATK brace. Unfortunately, they aren't being made anymore, so finding one on eBay may be your only option. But that can work out pretty well sometimes. I got one for my '83 last year for about $40 .....

tjq4vMZ.jpg

mo4cWPo.jpg

I have a Telefix on mine. Very similar to the Tarozzi. It has provisions for a dust cap or fork boot on top too. Not all braces do. Most braces are for 35mm forks. I am not familiar with a clamp style for 34mm.

4C5F5140-F3AA-431B-849E-D0587BF05E9D.jpeg

I have a Tarozzi on a '78 E, and an old hoop-style from Mikesxs on a '77 D. I like the firmness. Been looking for a brace for a '74 with 34mm forks,as well as for a '77 RD400, also with 34mm forks. From the Tarozzi site I spotted this model for a 1976 (has to be a 'standard then, and 34mm forks, right??)
http://www.fastfromthepast.com/25-0046

I've contacted fastek in the UK, and inquired about one for the RD400, as they do sell one for an RD350. There are some differences there. I even sent them dimensions of the lower section where the brace would go, distances, etc. on one of their data forms. Have never heard back.

Pic is of the '78 with the Tarozzi.
IMG_2603.JPG

I'm a firm believer in fork braces for the spindly old forks we're blessed with.
There's a Tarozzi brace on the XS, along with the brace that's already under the guard, which already contributes a bit of stiffness.
On the GS I fitted an 1100E mudguard with its fairly substantial under-guard brace and later on fitted a Telefix brace on top of that.
The difference is really noticeable, especially on the GS, which is fairly highly loaded at the front.

Yes, I've also found a fork brace really helps this bike and makes a noticeable difference. The first ATK I installed, on my '78, came off of my SR500 (virtually the same forks so it swapped). I bought it new for that bike many years ago but ended up taking it off because it didn't do anything really. I came to the conclusion that smaller, lighter bike doesn't need it.

Back