Wanted - Fork slider and brake disc hub from 76 and earlier model

Status
Not open for further replies.

arcticXS

XS650 Guru
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Hi!
As part of a stock looking brake upgrade on my 1974 RD350, I am looking for a good brake side fork slider from a 75/76 model (last years with 34 mm fork tubes) and also the alloy brake disc hub from the same model years.

The caliper on the RD and early XS are the same, so swapping the fork slider will allow the use of a larger disc. As I plan on getting a new "TZ replica" disc, I only need the alloy hub/ disc center.

Any offer for both items, or one of them is of interest!

Gary,
Yes, just the brake side fork lower (slider) for a 34 mm fork, from a bike with a 298 mm disc. The plan is to get hold of a bigger diameter, thinner disc, and use the stock RD 350 caliper, which is the same as the early disc brake XS models (74-75-76, I've been told)
Also interested in the alloy brake disc center (hub) from the same model XS. This has a bigger outside diameter than the RD one, but same mounting (64 mm bore, 80 mm bolt circle, 6 pcs. M8 bolts)

I'm going to look but both sides of the 75-76 have brake tabs. For now I'll assume the RH slider as you sit on it. I do have a couple of the 73-76 brake rotor hubs separate,

20150922_203051.jpg

20150922_203147.jpg

20150922_203136.jpg

If I can get it in a medium flat rate box shipping is about $63 USD let say $75 for 1 slider and the hub so total 138 USD.

Let me know if that seems OK

Fantastic!
Your price is absolutely fair, so I'll take the RH slider and the brake disc hub.
I am assuming the fork is mounted the same way as on the RD, with the loose axle cap on the LH slider, and just a straight through bore on the RH slider.

Please PM me with payment details. PayPal or International Bank Transfer are both OK for me. If you want Bank Transfer, I will need IBAN number, and street adress of your bank also.

That's great! I saw it was in Norway a few days ago. So the address thing worked out OK?

$35 for the slider $50 to ship a total of $85 USD
this is the matching RH for the LH you already have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back