Forum Outages and Maintenance

XS650

Administrator
Reaction score
Hey Everyone! The site and forum were down early this morning and the forum was down for a few hours this afternoon. Sorry about all of that! I've been working with the hosting company to get the site and database migrated over to a new server. Things are picking up quite a bit around here and with the addition of the 650rider content coming in soon, we needed to update a few things.

Unfortunately, everything didn't go as smoothly as it should have and we had to restore the database to the last good backup which was at about 4:00am central time yesterday morning (1/29) right before the update process began. That means new threads and posts from yesterday are no longer showing up in the forum. The site was back online for about an hour this morning, and then turned off again so I could try to restore the database to an automatic system backup at 5am central time this morning. That would have got more of the content back. Unfortunately that backup was not complete, due to the upgrade in progress, so it couldn't be used.

The good news is, I can manually go into the backup from 5am this morning and pull some of information out. So if you spent an hour yesterday creating a new tech article or something and you want it back, let me know and I might be able to recover it (in text form so I can email or PM it to you) in order for you to post it again.

The upgrade is complete now and the site is stable, so post without reservation.

Hi xs650
this site is certainly growing at a rapid rate, so understand what needs to be done to keep on top of that.
Appreciate all your hard work on this one
Cheers Kev

Thanks KevC...

More info on the issue:
There's is not as much information on the 5am backup as I previously thought.

Another way you might be able to get a missing post back is by browsing offline:

In your browser, click 'File' then 'Work Offline'. Then check your browsing history to see if you have a cached version of your post stored on your computer.

Back