Forward controls - shifting issue

Bezz

XS650 Greenhorn
Reaction score
image.jpg
image.jpg
Hey team!

I’ve finally got my bike moving down the road. The whole line the dot up with the hole thing on the clutch had me scratching my head until I figured it out!

I put on my TC Bros forward controls but my shifter does seem to return to middle. Using just a regular shift lever it works fine but on the forwar controls it takes me a bunch of fiddling with my foot to get it to shift - not safe and not enjoyable.

I tried adjusting the forward controls to get it to work but it doesn’t seem to make a difference if I loosen or lubricate them. Alignment issue maybe?

Looking for ideas!

Solved - problem was two fold :

1. Shift lever binding against cases - in too tight
2. Needed to play with the linkage from the forward controls, I had it misaligned and it was binding.

Works like a charm now.

Check with Fast From the Past. They have a bunch of those levers. Maybe they can match it to the shif shaft. They have a lot listed as brake levers.

I kinda figured on doing a modification of the stock lever. I've got some of the joints in my Harleyy/Vtwin parts drawers.

Such an old thread I never expected a reply. Thanks fellas.

I'm still in mock up mode right now. Im doing the labor free for a young man my wife and I have come to know and like.

My daughter (certified welding inspector) is doing all the welding for me as she does a professional weld quality.

I'll probably be posting again when I get to the electrical. Going to try the xscharge system.

Thanks again.
20221120_175854.jpg
20221120_175916.jpg
20221121_184128.jpg
20221226_144359.jpg
20221226_144427.jpg

Back