found this in a junk yard ,,should i buy it or not

papers

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
20121004_150432.jpg

20121004_150440.jpg

So i went to the local junk yard just to peak at what they had as far as motorcycles and in the way back corner what do i see.............

this beautiful 1976 in pretty good condition as far as cosmetics go however when i went to see if it had any compresion it felt like nothing was even engaged at the kick start,,,
now it could be just the kick starter but who knows...
The bike has a title for this state,
and im a big jerk cause i was so exited ( however trying to hide that) because i completley forgot to look at the speedo:doh:
A little history,,,,
the bike came in from a young kid who said he was having eletrical problems and could not get the thing running for the life of him,,its been sitting there for about 1 year and i think i know why,,, thay are asking 900 for it :eek:
i said to the guy that i could probebley find a runner for close to that price and he said he is definetley willing to work with me on the price,,,,
now im not to worried about all problems that it has as i will be able to fix it all up with no problem but if i can get this bike for 600 do you guys think thats a good deal

any feedback will be appreciated
thanks a bunch guys:bike:

The kick thing is probably just a misadjusted clutch slipping. I think at 500 it should be a good project, add 6-700 in parts and 1-200 hours of your labor and it will be good 1500-2000 bike, if there are no hidden gotchas.

Which "that project"? LOL I have a 73 on the lift and fired the engine for the first time today. It sounded great and no smoke. I was hoping to hang the "just finished last night" 70 paint on it for the Slimy Crud Run Sunday but there isn't enough time to get it done right and sorted, and I hate to start throwing things together and making do, that never comes out good. So; I'm riding the 79 Sunday (with 77 paint to please my painter) and I think the 70 is in the batter's box for this winter to ride in the Spring Slimy Crud. That bike you are looking at should be a good wife's bike project for sure, the 76 paint is good looking stuff.

70%20paint1.JPG

70%20paint2.JPG

The paint isn't quite as "pea green" as the photos show. I have the new chevrons and tank emblems to go with.

Paint look great dude and yes I just told my wife and that's the excuse I used to be able to buy the bike so I just got full permission to buy. Now if I can get it for the right price

oh yeah and check this yard out,, it was like walking into the motorcycle grave yard,,, i mean i can smell the rust and oil dripping from the bleeding hearts of these bikes just wiating for me to snatch them all up and make them fine pieces of old history...i mean who says it has to be a yamaha right ? theres a lot of old hondas and kawasakis as well and there was also 2 not 1 2 old ass bsa frames that im going to scoop up
20121004_150458.jpg

20121004_150416.jpg

20121004_150501.jpg
:bike:

Well if you dont pick it up let me know where its at. Seems bayport ny is a 2 hr ride south but id make the journey to save another one.

Back