Frame work, few questions?

projectxs650

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Hey guys, so i'm in the process of building a xs650. I have a few questions about the frame that i'm hoping you guys can help with.

What exactly does "Drop" mean? im assuming drop = lowered?

I'm going to be sending in my frame to have a hardtail welded on. Haven't decided which one yet. But i noticed that some, like TC only have 1 size option. While others like GL have more, but i don't see alot of them having drop options? i'm probably leaning towards GL, but does anyone know if they can do drops? Specificly a long stretch (like 5 or 6) and a drop of 3? I've seen a frame with those hard tail dimensions and loved it.

Also, does anyone know if, or what the drop is on this bike?

http://www.xs650chopper.com/2010/11/pandemonium-custom-choppers-ya-mama/

Thanks everyone.

Look at elswick or ardcore they will do whatever you want. You'll pay a little more but it worth it in quality and service. Elswick is a really nice guy to deal with

Go with g& l. They do a 5 out 3 down. How tall are you? Unless your 6'6 I can't see the point in anything further that a 5. Im 6 foot and should have went with the 4 over the 5. And yes drop means lowered and if its 3 inch drop that means 3 inches lower that stock ride night.

Back