Free - free to local: 81 special rims, headlight housing, shocks, gauges

lightfall

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I have a box of leftover stuff from my build free to a Milwaukee local for pickup. Came off an 81 w 5000 miles. Headlamp, rims, tach, shocks, throttle, random elec bits, horn. As is. I am lazy, don't want to mail but too good to just toss.

Phew that is a long drive my friend! I will take some photos for you and post them up in the next couple days to make sure it is worth your while!

the rear rim will help on my bobber build with 16"s front n back so yes its worth the $60 in gas for it all, also theres a place just accross the il border i can go to pickup the galvanized sheet metal for my powdercoat oven i'm working on so if i combine trips i save alot, and i get out for a mind clearing drive, and its always good to meet another XS650 enthusiast

Last edited:
KdjBXTi.jpg

AXJeDZb.jpg

KAjczB1.jpg

ZOPDJPm.jpg

H35GXob.jpg

LTohhQk.jpg

The front rim was obviously cut straight through the spokes in a fit of rage after frustratingly unlacing the 16" rear. The wiring harness is cannibalized. I don't know if I still have all the little screws and bits for all these things in the box either. The speedo with miles is not included as I need to hold on to that.

I think the wheels will polish up nicely.

No rush to get rid of these, next few weeks would be nice. Only thing I ask for is a picture of what the parts were used on for some nostalgia. DJ has first dibs now. I did get a PM from a gentleman in MN, but I don't have any boxes and I am really slammed in my personal life now (sorry). Also, whoever takes it takes all of it, I need the box cleared out!

Well Thursday afternoon or Friday during the day would be good. Maybe middle of the day Saturday or possibly mid day Sunday? Thurs or Fri would be ideal but let me know. Doesn't have to be a rush.

I wouldnt be able to come down til after this week, looking at my schedule i realized i cant get down that direction til first weekend of may, if you need it gone sooner its ok to help out other members. sorry about that if others are in need go for it
thanks

Back