front brake hose one piece or two ?

I had to "google" Stilson Wrench. :laugh: I know it as a Pipe Wrench or Monkey Wrench. :)

Stilsons are a Manufacturers name sorry I thought that the name was pretty universal a bit like us calling a vacuum cleaner a 'Hoover' I suppose.

Not all pipe wrenches are created equal , as they say:wink2:
Stilsons are the best of them all and once a pair of stilsons gets a grip it just just gets tighter the harder you pull on it .

Refer to Post #39 by 5twins. I followed that procedure. No grease was harmed (or used) during piston extraction... :D

The thin piece of metal I used (placed in between calipers to block cross-over holes) was the little plate that is used to secure one of the starter reduction gears in place. It was lying around....long story...

Compressed air (< 90 psi) was applied with an air blow gun with tapered rubber tip. In my case, both pistons came out by blowing air in the brake line hole. I did not have to use the bleed screw hole since the piston on this side came out first.

The sudden POP sound when each piston came out (calipers bolted back together with 2 large socket head cap screws) was somewhat startling, although very cool. I wish I had videotaped it.

Attachments

• Caliper_Close_Up.jpg
    Caliper_Close_Up.jpg
    301.8 KB · Views: 313
  • Dewalt_1.jpg
    Dewalt_1.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 325
Last edited:
Yes, that's the guy, Shawn00sa. The price isn't too bad. Being all one piece it has less places to leak.
Leo

Leo, I'm wiring up the banjo bolt switch to my yellow and brown wire. Does it matter how I connect these wires? The two red leads on the switch are identical.

Please refer to Post #28

Thanks.

Yes, either wire off the switch can hook to either wire on the bike. The switch is just an off/on switch. In it's normal state the switch is off, when you pull the lever or step on the brake pedal pressure in the brake line closes the contacts in the switch. This lets power pass through to light the brake light.
Leo

Thanks, Leo!

BTW, a 30" SST braided (one-piece) line (Bikers Coice) worked well for me. The fittings add a couple of inches too.

Back