Front End Used to shake!

STVR

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
So I have a question here I own a 75 XS 650 and the front end use to always shake at like a stoplight pretty normal for these bikes. I just noticed today that it doesn't do that anymore ( which is nice cause my brakes use to rattle a lot) so now there is really no shake at the front end what would cause this? I did take my springs out just to check them and everything is all good. Both cylinders are firing it runs great but can't figure out why this stopped shaking today. Any clues?

Stvr

So I have a question here I own a 75 XS 650 and the front end use to always shake at like a stoplight pretty normal for these bikes. I just noticed today that it doesn't do that anymore ( which is nice cause my brakes use to rattle a lot) so now there is really no shake at the front end what would cause this? I did take my springs out just to check them and everything is all good. Both cylinders are firing it runs great but can't figure out why this stopped shaking today. Any clues?

Stvr

Haha. Not a bad problem to have. Often someone describes their bike as being shaky or having excessive vibrations when their carbs are out of sync. Carbs may come unsync'd with time, maybe yours became sync'd out of pure luck.

come to think of it I did mess with my idle screw on each carb just to kind of synch them up by ear

Back