front fender on rear?

suiteo

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've seen various pics around the net with some folks running the front fender on the rear. I'm going to be swapping my 16" rear for an 18", and wonder if anyone has done the fender swap, and may have some tips on how to go about it? Got a new(er) tank, and if I need to cut some on the fender, I'd like to be able to paint it at the same time as the tank.

Thanks,

Jay

are you using a stock or modified frame? I think in both cases you might need to weld some mounts onto the frame since the front fender is much thinner than the rear. I'm going to be welding some mounts for my seat and fender soon, I'll post it up when I figure it out lol.

Stock frame for now until I can save up some cash to do the frame mods I have planned. Going to try to make a bratstyle flat seat out of a stock seat pan for now. A drop seat and extended swing arm will come later as $ allows. Have a picture of the bike that made me want and eventually buy an XS, with the front fender on the rear, but for the life of me I can't find it anymore. Too many computers. :laugh:

Sure is. The look I'm going for is the narrow extended swing-arm look with the 18" tire ala bratstyle. Just like the look better. If it turns out to be too much of a PITA, I may reconsider, because I still have some top end work to do, and want to ride instead of wrench before it gets to friggin' hot. :eek:

Yeah, I was probably going to cut them off anyway, but was looking for some idea on how to mount the sucker instead of trying to buy a fender. Might as well use what I've got if I can.

Last edited:
HERE it is. Found the computer I had this photo on. This gave me the bug to own an XS. I'd give credit to the builder, but I have no idea who it is. So, props anonymous cool XS builder. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• bike idea 1.jpg
    bike idea 1.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 558
Back