Front Hub Covers

Beags64

XS650 Guru
Top Contributor
Reaction score
A while back Ozboy posted pics of some snazzy looking 'loomium covers for the unused side of front hubs, well that set the hamster wheel in my head justa spinnin' and when the smoke cleared...
100_0275.JPG
Six screws
100_0276.JPG
Three screws
100_0277.JPG
Sans screws (gonna try rare earth magnets in the back)
100_0278.JPG
Now I just gotta figure out which one I like best

Real nice. Think the 3 screw one looks the goods............Magnets for alloy????.........Didn't know they made them

Do you have a price for them?

Would be really cool if you could incorporate a speedo delete in this design too. Either way, looks pretty cool!

Yes, I'll bet a basic alloy 3 hole cover for around $20 would be a big seller. Yamaha used one on a couple early '70s models. I constantly search for them but they are very, very hard to find .....

full

full

A flat style like this might be even easier for you to make.

Magnets for the hubs with steel thread inserts. Was thinking may be possible to run set screws (grub screws) in the holes for the alum. ones.
Would like to try & keep 'em around $20 or less.
Hi Beags,
if your lust for bling forces you to replace the perfectly adequate stock plastic thing with a machined part, OK.
The least costly way to hold the replacement to the hub is with 3 plastic push-in pins just like the original.

There was a member who recently was looking for a replacement part for their front hub because they couldn't buy the obsolete part.........

Not just about bling........

Headed out for a week of sunshine & warm weather on Sat. I'll make up a batch when I get back, seems to be some interest. Should have enough stock laying around to make 'bout a dozen or so.

Would be really cool if you could incorporate a speedo delete in this design too. Either way, looks pretty cool!
Speedo delete, Hmm....

There was a member who recently was looking for a replacement part for their front hub because they couldn't buy the obsolete part.........
Is the chrome stamped steel trim piece, say 75ish the obsolete part ? Seems that would be an easy find and instant replacement.

They just look so cheap though, even worse than the plastic ones.

Last edited:
Actually, according to parts diagrams, the '73 650 got the alloy cover, one year only. The only other wheels I've seen it on are the '73-'74 TX750 twin wheels.

Yeah i have alloy rims so i need i needed the plastic cover after dropping one disk it looked ugly so i had to cover it up. The round one would not have looked good on alloy either.
I found one new on eBay delivered to Oz for $30.
Well done Beags and keep us all posted on the R&D side with the magnets if you go that way.
Screenshot_20181229-212344_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20181231-061521_Chrome.jpg

There was a member who recently was looking for a replacement part for their front hub because they couldn't buy the obsolete part......…
Not just about bling........

Hi Skull,
I hung two of those plastic covers on my garage pegboard a decade ago after my son & I twin-disked our XS650s.
Still there, last time I looked. Somebody needs one it's yours for the postage if you PM me your postal address.

Back