Front motor mount, wont line up

slackjaw44

greasy summmbitch
Reaction score
I cann't figure out why my front motor mount bolt holes wont line up. I can get two in, but one doesn't line up, that makes absolutely no sense at all to me, any ideas?

you'd think if two of them would line up the third would automatically but it's not.

here's a pic for reference

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I find that even with all the other motor mounts installed, the motor still sags a little. So I use a jack under the engine to get the last 1/4" in line.

Good luck

I find that even with all the other motor mounts installed, the motor still sags a little. So I use a jack under the engine to get the last 1/4" in line.

Good luck

with the other bolts in though I dont think it would move any? you see what i'm saying, how would the front move with bolts already in it?

Ditto on leaving all the bolts loose until they're all in.also, make sure that nothing on the engine is making contact with anything, the frame or something that may be bolted on.

I would remove the top and upper rear mounts. That should allow you to jiggle the motor around a bit and make the front line up. Then put the others back on. They are multi-part mounts so should line up easier.

Back