Front wheel binding when tightening castle. Xs650f

I would also seriously consider reworking your muffler hanger bracket. It's not going to hang there long from just one bolt, not on one of these vibrating 650s, lol. You'll want to fab up a 3 point mount with 2 attachment points to the muffler. Another trip to that scrap yard may get you some hanger brackets you can rework. The mounts from an earlier 650 or an XS500 might be good candidates. Their muffler mount holes are spaced differently in relation to the frame attachment point .....

aNHPsn9.jpg

k1iBJWc.jpg

UXrBwK6.jpg

I'm using XS500 mounts on mine .....

vTv2ex0.jpg

Clearance at caliper to rotor should always be checked when removing and installing wheels or calipers. A center stand helps, but it can be done with lifts, blocks, props in the front. Honda manuals always include this clearance check, especially for dual disc wheels, even though the clearance minimum is sometimes just over .010".

Scott

Your rotor/caliper combination probably could be used with spacers or removal of material on the caliper. But it looks like you should start with a different rotor anyways.

WHAT DAMAGE HAS BEEN DONE TO THE CALIPER ???????????

Scott

Here's a picture of where it's scraping on the right side of the caliper. I'm going to resurface the pads a little before I swap over my stock rotor.

Attachments

• IMG_20190214_175101.jpg
    IMG_20190214_175101.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 131
That's a good idea to scour the junk yard for oem exhaust hangar brackets. I'm going to search for matching TX750 rears as well. They are probably worth $200 on eBay in guessing if I cleaned it.

Last edited:
Well, maybe not quite that much, but you routinely see these flanged alloy wheels listed around $100 all the time. And that's "as is", not cleaned, polished, or re-spoked. At $20 a pop, as I said, you did very well. And don't even get me started on that alloy disc mount cover, lol. I consider that the "Holy Grail" of front wheel parts. Combine it with an early polished speedo drive to get about the most "bling" possible out of your front hub .....

full

So much better looking, in my opinion, than this later model stock set-up .....

full

Back