Fuel leaking out of left side cover?

maximusrising

XS650 Enthusiast
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,
I admittedly didn't search on this one: when I get it running, gasoline leaks out the bottom of the LEFT side cover (the chain side), before I pull that cover (which is thankfully not the drain-the-oil side) any ideas on how this is even possible? It has to be the carb and it's just down along somewhere, right?
It's been running shitty, searching idle, unexplainable revs, very high idle, all sounding like vacuum leak but now pouring out gas?
Full Disclosure Statement:
I rebuilt my vacuum petcock. I am stupid and didn't pay attention to the exact orientation of the plastic block. If that thing is wonky, it seems it could cause all sorts of problems?
Thanks as always.

Hello Everyone,
I admittedly didn't search on this one: when I get it running, gasoline leaks out the bottom of the LEFT side cover (the chain side), before I pull that cover (which is thankfully not the drain-the-oil side) any ideas on how this is even possible? It has to be the carb and it's just down along somewhere, right?
It's been running shitty, searching idle, unexplainable revs, very high idle, all sounding like vacuum leak but now pouring out gas?
Full Disclosure Statement:
I rebuilt my vacuum petcock. I am stupid and didn't pay attention to the exact orientation of the plastic block. If that thing is wonky, it seems it could cause all sorts of problems?
Thanks as always.
83 heritage special bone stock

Back