Fuse Holder contacts

BowlingSS

XS650 Guru
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
Where can I get new fuse contacts? One broke and I need to replace them all.
C5FF6BF9-FCAC-4288-A7A8-F0CF6696E36A.jpeg

I also used one of these replica boxes 4 years back. The quality seemed very good. When fitting think carefully about how to splice the wires together. I found soldering made the wires too stiff so settled on the following type butt crimp connectors followed by heat shrink:
s-l225.webp

I just cut the old fuse box off about 2" down the wires and trimmed the new box to the same length (remember to label the wires). Then used Butt crimp connectors without soldering. The connectors I showed above are very good and when crimped do not pull apart. Just remember to thread on the heat shrink before crimping and double the wire over.

I also used one of these replica boxes 4 years back. The quality seemed very good. When fitting think carefully about how to splice the wires together. I found soldering made the wires too stiff so settled on the following type butt crimp connectors followed by heat shrink:
s-l225.webp
That’s how I do it. No double over. I just use the correct size splice.

Thanks. Just ordered one. How did you connect the wires? I noticed this one has a connector. My 81 is built into the harness.
On my XS650SK, I chose to add the connector that came with the kit. Add connector or splice, either is fine. I have all of the proper tools to do it correctly. I have both open barrel crimper and naked butt splice crimper. That is a very bad place for poor connections.

Back