FYI: Baxter Open house

motormike

XS650 Guru
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
Baxter Cycle.. western Iowa.. has their annual open house.. and estate auction. Saturday, 15th. Some of the bikes are in good nick... there's one 73' Tx that needs attention. ( they have a website )
A buddy and I are head'd that way today. We'r haul'n his 70' Triumph Bonnie..... hope'n to sell it.. ($10,000.oo) which means I'll have a empty truck bed to... Oooh ! :)

Baxter 6.jpg Baxter 5.jpg Baxter 3.jpg Baxter 2.jpg Baxter 1.jpg Baxter 4.jpg The open house and auction ....... My buddies really nice 70' Bonnie.. went back home..... he got a low ball offer.... The 73' Tx in red with Pontiac bits..... hammered for $1400.oo and head'd to New Jersey. The " John Deer " Goose.. hammered for $2700.oo.... don't know what the " perfect " Sturgis faring accessory went for.... A red 48' Indian Chief.. older restoration hammered for $18,000.oo.... a barn find (since the 60's) 48' Chief hammered..... drum roll.... $45,000.oo... Auction folks said a guy in Solvina (sp) and another guy in Turkey are bidding.... Solvina guy has bought three Chiefs and 4 banger Indian last summer.... it's go'n to Solvina... add the 18% auction bill.. shipping.....
I bid on a coupled of Thunderbolts..... but someone else wanted them more then I did.... Triumph and Royal Enfield had factory rep's with sign up rides on new models.
So it was a good day... nice weather.. a tad warm..... my brother from Omaha.. (50 miles) trip'd over......... So... 5 hr drive each way.. gas $$$..... overnight room.. $$.. meals.. munchies..$$.... bought.. nothing. But got out of the house and except for pesky text's from the wifey ... a great time.
Next weekend.. Harley Museum and Royal Enfield main office... Milwaukie, Wis.

Update : Buddy Bob called.... Baxter contacted him about the 70' Bonnie.... Oh happy joy joy..... for Bob....
Next day was nearly 14 hrs round trip..... Bob got a check.... I got a T shirt... !

Back