Garage Art

Anytime buddy! Bring your tractor and we’ll harass the locals! :laugh2:

Deal! I'll drive it out. Lessee here...2971 miles, round up to 3000. 10mph so 300 hours of driving. 10 hours a day that's 30 days. I'll be there about the 1st of Never.

What shall I hang off the back of it? Don't need the blow snower, I 'spect ya ain't got no grass so the mower and bush hog are out...Box blade maybe? Forks or bucket on the front?

Deal! I'll drive it out. Lessee here...2971 miles, round up to 3000. 10mph so 300 hours of driving. 10 hours a day that's 30 days. I'll be there about the 1st of Never.

What shall I hang off the back of it? Don't need the blow snower, I 'spect ya ain't got no grass so the mower and bush hog are out...Box blade maybe? Forks or bucket on the front?

....why, your motorcycle of course!

Ken should get a Lifetime Donor Award.
One of my regrets is not keeping a running list of what went where off that bike! I know the crank, head and jugs were some of the first parts to be taken, think they went to somewhere in the Midwest. Then the next I recall was the compression release parts. Seat pan actually made it to Australia! Gas tank went to the Northwest USA. I think the various parts probably got more miles on them in the mail than the bike did on the road!

While framing my house back in the early 90's, my mind was busy designing and planning for lighting, decoration and art for the living space and the two work areas downstairs.

IMG_0022.jpg

10 years later, all this had pretty much come together, with the exception of formally identifying my garage as a Garage.

This would take many more years. I had to find something vintage, something bold.

Then, in 2017, I stumbled upon a pile of maybe 20 stamped steel/porcelain 14" letters from about the 1930's or 40's at a flea market, with a bit of rusty patina.
Sifting through them, I was thrilled to find just the right set of 6.

It took months to finally get around to building the sign I had dreamed of. 3/4" finished plywood, with carefully-placed mounting screws for each letter.

GarageSign.jpg

...and it went up on the garage a couple months ago.

GarSign.jpg

GarSign2.jpg

While framing my house back in the early 90's, my mind was busy designing and planning for lighting, decoration and art for the living space and the two work areas downstairs.

View attachment 156073

10 years later, all this had pretty much come together, with the exception of formally identifying my garage as a Garage.

This would take many more years. I had to find something vintage, something bold.

Then, in 2017, I stumbled upon a pile of maybe 20 stamped steel/porcelain 14" letters from about the 1930's or 40's at a flea market, with a bit of rusty patina.
Sifting through them, I was thrilled to find just the right set of 6.

It took months to finally get around to building the sign I had dreamed of. 3/4" finished plywood, with carefully-placed mounting screws for each letter.

View attachment 156071

...and it went up on the garage a couple months ago.

View attachment 156077

View attachment 156078

That’s very cool!

Nice, Dude!

NIce 'bird in the second pic too. '55, '56 '57's are the only T-birds that did anything for me.

IMHO, those same years were the absolute pinnacle of automotive styling for Ford and Chevy too. Unfortunately, somebody slipped some bad acid into the drinking fountains from '58 to about '63.

Chrysler didn't catch on until around '63, but hit the ball out of the park with the '63-'68 Dodge and Plymouth line.

'Dude! Add "sign maker" to your list of talents! Do you get a lot of people knocking on the door, asking if you're open?

Sorry, DE, it was the 2nd generation T-Birds that get my motor running!
images.jpg ...something about that giant maw of a grill, and the solidness of the body design...looks like the little brother of
download (2).jpg ...the (1956-57) Continental Mark II (the American Rolls Royce!) :twocents:

'55, '56 '57's

IMHO, those same years were the absolute pinnacle of automotive styling for Ford and Chevy too.
My brother had a 1956 black and white Chevy Bel Aire back in 1969, he sold it when he had to go to work for Uncle Sam. I always loved that car and have been in love with “ shoe boxes “ ever since. Too bad Barrett Jackson and their ilk turned old cars into investments. Too rich for me now.
73211966-696F-44E9-9B7B-A8B151C2F0EF.jpeg
19CDADF0-D6F2-4976-BBC8-7196084AF79F.jpeg

Back