Garage Art

Your bench and tool wall look superb, Bob !
Very orderly, and colorful, too.
...and I couldn't be more pleased than to have one of my XS's make it into your framed gallery.

Looking good Bodb.

Took you long enough, LOL.

Do you have room for another license plate on that wall??

Thanks GW! One month from moving day to opening day! And I DO HAVE ROOM for another license plate!
Have you got one from Australia for me Haha! I’ll put it up! ;)
Geedub

Your bench and tool wall look superb, Bob !
Very orderly, and colorful, too.
...and I couldn't be more pleased than to have one of my XS's make it into your framed gallery.

Thanks Jeff! And of course your bike is one of My framed pieces, it’s a beauty!

Bob your new shop looks great!:thumbsup:. It looks like we`ve got a couple of things in common. Pics of the King ("Elvis" not Kenny Roberts) and our work benches look exactly alike. I can`t tell the difference? Just kidding.:D Great job!!
garage 004.JPG garage 001.JPG garage 005.JPG

Bob your new shop looks great!:thumbsup:. It looks like we`ve got a couple of things in common. Pics of the King ("Elvis" not Kenny Roberts) and our work benches look exactly alike. I can`t tell the difference? Just kidding.:D Great job!!
View attachment 128463 View attachment 128464 View attachment 128465

Thanks! Oh yeah Elvis on a Triumph no less, and I had to put Johnny Cash back up in the new shop.
Your workbench is perfect, I wouldn’t change a thing. It has the kind of hard won patina that can only come from decades of use. Rock on brother!
FYI, my workbench came from Honeywell electronics , who used to have a big manufacturing plant in Phoenix.
Bought it as surplus for $30 , 30 years ago.

Not sure if this is garage art or not. But I think it looks kind of cool for now. They are off of my 72. Always liked the Eagles plus they looked good.

I know right? I had a couple of these I wanted to mount to the wall but eventually just tossed them. They are cool...

Not sure if this is garage art or not. But I think it looks kind of cool for now. They are off of my 72. Always liked the Eagles plus they looked good.

View attachment 129571 View attachment 129572

I think they look cool too. Garage art is all about whatever appeals to you. I have thought several times about collecting random gas tanks just to display. On my pegboard are numerous little things that most people wouldnt even notice. A little green army man that my son left on my workbench 30 years ago, I stuck it on a nail and it’s been there ever since, my son is in his late thirties now. A Builder Bob Christmas tree ornament, that my granddaughter wanted to hang on my pegboard when she was just a toddler, she liked it that his name was Bob, like me, it’s been there for 12 years now. And those little green rings? Fork seals that came out of my old Triumph, I just like having a bit of my old Triumph still around. ( Stupidly I threw out my original Amal’s!!! :doh: )
So rock on brother! Art is whatever you decide it is!
BE0C271D-DF84-4891-97D7-C9C3381B8316.jpeg

Today it was my pleasure to meet Washington States favorite astronaut, Machine ( AKA Time Machine )
659AE97D-4FB1-4C76-A998-4F7F1F03B500.jpeg Randy and his girlfriend Summer are here vacationing with family over the holiday weekend and took time out of their busy schedule to meet me for coffee at an outdoor coffee and bakery spot.
They’re a lovely couple and we had a delightful morning getting to know each other.
2FA16F18-9E2C-4A8E-B7C6-885B07BBEEB1.jpeg

What has this to do with garage art you ask? Well it just so happens they came bearing gifts! Two new framed XS650 pieces of art for my shop! I already have them up and they fit right in with my collection!
2A3800C6-C1F3-4B29-B5E7-9D2A459657F0.jpeg
5C9E1686-5615-4B74-BF58-B41D2D0CB903.jpeg

Thank you Randy and Summer for an enjoyable morning and for thinking of this old desert dweller, while you’re here. Enjoy the rest of your vacation in the Valley of the Sun!
Thanks
—Bob

Randy is a generous dude. He offered me an advert of one of my XS's, but as I recall, I had a copy of it already.

So nice to see XS650 folks actually connecting.

Today I discovered a great place to meet for breakfast, if any of you webmembers come through this vicinity (the meal is on me).
Had a great omelet, homefries, and java with two riding buddies, one who drives a vintage Norton, and the other a great old BMW.

Bob aka "Mailman" was even more personable in person than even his creative online character he is. :bike:
Scottsdale Arizona is truly a motorcycle city today in this beautiful sunshine !
Hope to be back someday for a 2 wheeled experience myself Bob .. Till then, Kudos friend. - Randy & Summer
20181124_131547.jpg

Around Christmas, I gave a friend one of my bike jacks and a gun.
Not really expecting any reciprocation, especially a generous one,
he responded to my love of displaying old tools by gifting me his vintage Dietzgen transit.
What patina !

001.JPG

plus the nice box,

004.JPG
005.JPG

and the tripod !

006.JPG

I'd like to set the two pieces up, but the connector piece is missing. The threads are not the same diameter, one being 39 mm and the other 37.6 mm.

007.JPG
003.JPG

Haven't had much luck with searches for this piece.

That’s a pretty neat little historical tool there Dude! I’m sure you could rig up a way to attach the two pieces , just for a static display. You’re gonna need a bigger house!

58.PNG
upload_2018-12-29_13-31-36.png

The tank bag also held your score card. Saved time at the checks. The bag was sold by HiPoint. That was a company started by John Penton who also imported the Penton dirt bikes sold east of the Mississippi.
upload_2018-12-29_13-37-46.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-12-29_13-32-7.png
    upload_2018-12-29_13-32-7.png
    532.4 KB · Views: 152
Back