For Sale - Garage cleaning - miscellaneous, cheap

kawabunga

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Doing some garage cleaning. Would like to move this stuff. Not looking to get rich, and unless a price is stated, I'm open to just about any reasonable offer to get this stuff to a new home rather than the bin.
Mostly XS take off parts from probably a '75 or '79 (not 100% positive but that's likely the case) and there's a few random items in there.
I have some things posted locally and on other sites, I'll do my best to update availability.

2005 GSXR 600 front wheel in good shape, some chips in the paint. Tire is a Michelin Commander 2, 120/90-17 with about 50 miles on it. It's an oddball tire for the wheel, I was going to use it for a build that didn't end up using it. $200 shipped.
wPyKtLgh.jpg

FCxtsi3h.jpg

bMuDkYAh.jpg

zzZTn9P.jpg

B8MB8Mi.jpg

The spokes are in usable condition. I was able to undo them without much hassle.
y9wW1Ush.jpg

No idea what these carbs came off of. They're in rough shape and missing some screws.
OLqmabBh.jpg

qOw7ODmh.jpg

Fuel tank off a '79. Paint has been stripped, just has some light surface rust from sitting. A couple small dents but nothing major. Threads for badges are still there. It was repaired at one point and will need to be repaired again. It's leaking from the spot with the weld on top of the weld.
CFA5ZE2h.jpg

VF0ByWCh.jpg

JX2Pcunh.jpg

oJySf74h.jpg

Everything in this photo I know for sure came off a '79.
4BjIONRh.jpg

0VhWDzQh.jpg

TtDUid2h.jpg

XXtvjVMh.jpg

HD footpeg
J9ETa5Kh.jpg

EldRC8hh.jpg

G6TfSWgh.jpg

oQ1wFkoh.jpg

HD passenger backrest off a late '80's sportster
ZeuRH1sh.jpg

mpVaralh.jpg

Brand new, in the package from MikesXS. Bottom end copper washer kit.
dte6ohHh.jpg

More pics available upon request. Parts are located in Maplewood, MN (near St. Paul).
Would love to make package deals!!
I hate doing the back and forth b.s. about shipping prices so please make your offer with shipping considered. Things like the wheels and forks we might have to get quoted, though.

Let's find these parts new homes!

Last edited:
Might be interested in cam end covers and points plate and the chrome outer round covers and screws as pictured. ZIP 42366. Not in a hurry but spare stuff has it's appeal if not too pricey...................

Is it possible to get the triple tree and risers ? I could use a carb diaphragm without holes as well.

Did I see a speedometer drive in one of those? I need one for my '78. I think all specials use the same......So how much shipped to Kentucky zip 42366?

Is it possible to get the triple tree and risers ? I could use a carb diaphragm without holes as well.

I could separate a set of forks. What fork diameter are you looking for?
Which diaphragm are you talking about?

Did I see a speedometer drive in one of those? I need one for my '78. I think all specials use the same......So how much shipped to Kentucky zip 42366?

I'm pretty sure I have a speedo drive left. Will double check when I get back.

I need the slide diaphragm. In the top part of the carb

Oh, and the fork diameter will be for my 78. So the larger diameter

I'm interested in the grab bar and the rear special fender (with the square light). What would you do for them shipped to 91306?

Last edited:
Original post has been updated to reflect remaining items. I do apologize that some parts have sold since the last update. I was out of town for a week on a work trip. But, I'm back so I can sling more parts!

As for some of the questions.
@Prisondawg, @tk91j, @RC4MAN and @wannabridin, you all requested front end items. I have measured them all, I have 3 fork sizes. They're in varying amounts of completeness.

If you all happen to need items of Set #1, the 35mm tubes, I would be willing to separate those items rather than selling the whole shebang as a set.
@Prisondawg, are these the triples you want?
@RC4MAN, you inquired about the brakes so I'm including you here.
@wannabridin, are these the fork legs you want? (more photos of stanchions below). If so, do you need the fork caps? @tk91j is looking for a set and I believe these are what he's looking for.

Set #1, 35mm tubes, the most complete, adjustable fork cap. Brake caliper, master cylinder, line and junction, triple w/ tapered bearing, headlight tabs, mirrors, axle.
wZQTKg1h.jpg

b8czu0bh.jpg

7D4281Rh.jpg

AIi40wUh.jpg

wvsAGtjh.jpg

Set #2, 36mm tubes, forks and triple, solid fork cap.
5IRhuZ6h.jpg

px8roITh.jpg

gmP4STvh.jpg

Set #3, 34mm tubes, forks only, non adjustable cap. (That's water, not fork oil. The seals are bad though.)
8R0fUCOh.jpg

txRdM74h.jpg

wSjrplKh.jpg

@Prisondawg, the carb slides.
ppj0fvDh.jpg

gxBTOM2h.jpg

jBpyJJhh.jpg

@JAX71224, this speedo drive work?
NzW3gICh.jpg

Other PM's have been replied to.

Last edited:
The set of 35mm forks have been broken down.

mIKBKuCh.jpg

@Prisondawg, the triples are ready to go.
@RC4MAN, the entire brake system with tabs and hardware.
@wannabridin, the stanchions are all pulled apart.
And, @tk91j, wannab said he doesn’t need the fork caps, so they’re yours.

As for the rest, it’s still available!

I now have fork lowers in good shape, they’re yellowed but not pitted.
Stock fork springs that measure 483mm, which is oem spec.
Stock damper rods.
And headlight mounting tabs, ears, thingys with the Yamaha plate. They’re in nice shape, very light pitting on one but I think they’ll clean up great.

amqPjxVh.jpg

Last edited:
Okay, so not everything worked out and some items are back up for grabs.

35mm fork stanchions in great shape and 35mm adjustable preload fork caps.
1AbFO6Ch.png

Basically the only thing sold from the previous two photos at this point is the front brake system.

Happen to have a front battery tray rubber mount and the two little mounts that they hang on? Also,I have any of the tank front rubber bushings? might need those...

Back