Gas Cap

XSevive

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi everyone,my 650 café project is near complete , fired it up today after motor rebuild, sounds great, very exiting ...but i am using a SR500 fuel tank with no cap, i think it is an 80' model tank ,been told some 650 caps are the same,having all sorts of problems finding the correct cap, bought a couple of cheapies on ebay that are listed as xs650/sr500 but they dont fit, the mount plate is in the wrong spot, , my tank measures 18mm from mount screw to inside edge of filler hole and 20mm from latch pin cntr to filler hole (78mm from mount screw to latch pin cntrs) filler hole 40mm, getting desperate not being able to finish it .... any help would be much appreciated.. Ron

Hi Ron, I can’t really help except to say that a picture of the tank will help the people here identify what you have and what you need to fix it. Cheers, Bill.

sr500 tank cap.jpg

Just did a quick google search “sr500 gas cap” and a pile of eBay results came up in the $20 range. Any reason those don’t suit your needs?

Just did a quick google search “sr500 gas cap” and a pile of eBay results came up in the $20 range. Any reason those don’t suit your needs?
yep bought 2 of those cheap ones , both wrong, geoffs XS in Aust reckons the 650 specials are the go,seems they use a different cap, i'll give that a shot

Yes after 75 there are 2 XS650 caps, standard and special tanks use different sizes. They look the same, but length is slightly different. The rubber seal is the same for both types.

Last edited:
Back