Gas Cap

BowlingSS

XS650 Guru
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what year this gas cap is? I need to order one and was told it was a 1975 but the ones I see on ebay do not look like this one.
Gas_cap1.jpg
Gas_cap1.jpg
Gas_Cap2.jpg

Yes, 74/75, maybe a 73 too. They are not offered in the aftermarket. If you need a new one, some of the RD models as well as TX750 also ran this same style. Or hit up DogBunny. I think I've seen some of his listed on Ebay. Rubber kits are available to rebuild them though. I got my seals through HVC Cycle. It is a tricky setup to get reinstalled properly. I did a write up when I rebuilt mine. Let me see if i can find it in the archives.

Yes, 74/75, maybe a 73 too. They are not offered in the aftermarket. If you need a new one, some of the RD models as well as TX750 also ran this same style. Or hit up DogBunny. I think I've seen some of his listed on Ebay. Rubber kits are available to rebuild them though. I got my seals through HVC Cycle. It is a tricky setup to get reinstalled properly. I did a write up when I rebuilt mine. Let me see if i can find it in the archives.
Thanks. Bill

Back