1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS650.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice

Gassy

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Halftwist, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Halftwist

Halftwist XS650 Enthusiast

Montana
    hey Guys was wondering if one petcock would supply enough fuel to work both carbs properly if you just t’d the lines. 13/16 petcock. Thanks

2. grizld1

grizld1 Grumpy old man Top Contributor

Should be fine. Special tanks from 1980 forward used only one petcock. I once measured the fuel remaining in one side of a Standard tank after draining the tank through the opposite petcock--it was about 4 ounces. You won't lose much range by running a single tap.

JRay77 likes this.
  3. Halftwist

Montana
    Oh awesome thanks. What are your recommendations for where to get fuel line and a T?

JRay77 likes this.
  4. gggGary

gggGary Stop that! Top Contributor XS650.com Supporter

Tygon fuel line easily found at your local home and garden implement store. Tee's at the auto store, I greatly prefer brass, use no plastic tees. And Yes even thirsty ole Madness with VM34's seems to slurp happily from a single stock petcock.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2018
    JRay77 and Halftwist like this.
  5. DogBunny

DogBunny Motorcychologist

XS650 BS 34 carbs already have a tee, so I assume that you are asking about adding a tee to a BS38 set-up. It's not necessary. The two BS38 carbs are already connected by a cross-over tube. Run your supply to one inlet, cap off the other inlet, and you're done. You'll find that this is a lot easier than trying to figure out where to put a tee and how to route two lines.

6. Halftwist

Montana

7. Halftwist

Montana
    Yea they’re 38s. Just didn’t know if that would allow enough fuel to the far side carb. Ill give it a go.

JRay77 likes this.
  8. JRay77

JRay77 XS650 Addict

image.jpeg
    Well sum bitch. I'd noticed the connection tube of course but wasn't sure how well fuel would travel. Like at a lean on the kickstand and whatnot. Next time, I'm running a line to one carb like you suggest. Hell yeah! You should see the MacGyver shit I just went thru. Lol Anyway bad pic. I used soft copper (like the triumphs did back in the day) bent to 90's and bought a "t" compression fit. As far as fuel line hose, I don't like the clear stuff. I went with black this time. Mikes seems to be out of the thin wall stuff for awhile. Did they quit making this?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 6, 2018
    mrtwowheel likes this.