German Ignition System Reviews

Signal

XS650 Guru
Top Contributor
Reaction score
http://www.elektronik-sachse.de/shopsystem/product_info.php?info=p74_digital-ignition-zdg3--yamaha-xs650-.html
Does anyone have any experience of this ignition? It has some nice features integral rev limiter, auto shut down on engine stop and 9 adjustable advance curves (although I think some of them advance too far to be used safely).

I am looking for an ignition system to use in a XS 650 based post classic road race sidecar.

After searching I found 8 electronic systems and have narrowed it down to 3 suitable candidates. The other two are well known reliable systems but I don't know anything about this unit and don't want to dismiss this system out of ignorance.
If you have used one of these I would be grateful to hear your opinion of it, thank you in advance.

I don't know anything about it or how much 320,00 Euro's is in real money. My vote is for the Pamco, basic or E-advance is your choice. Both work well.
Leo

Signal there are some other threads on this product, the search bar will find them for you.
IIRC there were a couple of posters that used it and Grizld1 seemed to be impressed.

Signal, that's a lot of dosh for electronic igiition. XSLeo likes Pamco, and they have good reviews. I have Boyer, and they are good, too. Both a great deal less expensive.

If you get one of the German ignitions let us know.

ANLAF

Back