Getting acquainted...

Oh 5twins I can see (and feel ) your compassion for these twins. I can respect that. I also know that you are very knowledgeable about them as well. Of coarse, basing my observation on many of your knowledgeable comments and, having 5 of them. On the other hand I only have 1. This forum is a great platform for diverse ideas, my hats off to the creators whom ever they are. But, this one is mine. I will weld, I will fabricate, I will build with passion and as always any information that thow shall bestow to me will be greatly appreciated. Respect brother. o_O

It really should be INTERNATIONAL LAW that no one can defile an XS650 by cutting or even nicking the frame. Punishment should be strict enough to be a deterrent for others. The exception should be the '74 TX650A, no one likes them anyways.

Scott

Bob it !!!!!!

Last edited:
It really should be INTERNATIONAL LAW that no one can defile an XS650 by cutting or even nicking the frame. Punishment should be strict enough to be a deterrent for others. The exception should be the '74 TX650A, no one likes them anyways.

Scott

Bob it !!!!!!

Clipboard 1.jpg

Scott

Bob it !!!!!!

Good morning Scott,

I just read your post and am still smiling ,thought I might share a little.....

To me life is short and complicated and nobody knows what to do about it. Me,I don't do anything about it, I just chill. I don't worry much about making it to the finals. I just like knocking back a few oat sodas with friends and working on bikes . I don't really fret whether I roll strikes or gutters just try to be true to myself. Knowing that when my times up I will have a smile on my face and feeling like I didn't get gypped is my mission.

I am in the process of modifying my 1974TX650A as we speak ( my baby, my next level french fry) and oh yea, also attaching my sidecar to it. ( 2 strikes)

Can't wait to see this thing dance !

Mine was incomplete and untitled and had been laid down pretty good. I felt no guilt chopping off the ass end. Will be going through Vermont to get it registered then title it here in Kansas. I say if you want to chop it, it only makes everyone's originals value go up.

Well it won’t be long before the hard tail goes on. I’ve heard two major theories when cutting the tail. (1) Leave the engine in. (2) install frame in jig. Obviously getting the engine to bolt up afterwards would be nice. What are your thoughts, and why?

After you cut the frame for the hard tail you'll see how part of the frame is floating in space without the engine in place and motor mounts tight.

Scott

well The build continues! Removed the exhaust and chain tonight. Have to run down some small Allen wrenches then I can pull the carbs. Then, out comes the motor. 66E1FD8A-EEA3-4EE4-BDD1-B22C3868F0B6.jpeg

Back