Getting it toghether.

bassgoat1979

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Here's a few pics of the progress so far on my bratsyle murdered bobber. Sorry the pics suck. I'll get some better ones when she is on her feet and I have a sunny day.

Attachments

• before.jpg
    before.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 262
  • Frame before.jpg
    Frame before.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 251
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 267
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 262
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 256
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 259
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 253
:thumbsup:Lookin' real nice. I like the side case's. I had a 'friend' remove the factory clearcoat on mine with a wire wheel. Oh boy, I just spent 3 hour's sanding the left side cover, and it's got along way to go before it looks like yours does. But they will. He is coming back over, when he gets outta the hospital( I damn near killed him), naw, just kiddin 'bout the hospital, he got that flu thingy. He IS going to wear HIS finger's off sanding out ALL the gouges & pits, then onto the cylinders & head. I think I'll strip them myself. Save me alot of work if I do. Think I'll give that soda blast stuff a try.

Oh, BTW, welcome to the site.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

The bars are 12" rise (they look taller in the pic cause of the angle). The engine covers were polised by my step dad that works at a polishing plant. (got lucky there) They were pretty rough, but on his buffing wheel it only took a hour for both sides.

They do look sky high in that picture.. like 18". The other pictures look right.

Man my frame is a mess compared to a nice freshly paint one. I was (am) just too scared to tear it down all the way. That is going to be next winter (maybe).

Bike is looking great.

Hey bass any pics of what you're hoping the end result will look like?

Just going by eye as I go basicly. I know I like the low rear fender ( I got one) It will come down over half of the rear tire, a full half circle. It's a semi fla,t fender and so is the old school rear tire. It kind of has a fatboy tail at the bottom. Then a sparto limp dick tail light. I basicly what it to have a low rider look, but still have little clearance for cornering. Plus we live in a beach town, so if I made it too low it would bottom out the way the roads are to the beaches.

I guess this is the approxamate example, no front fender though. And I'll have the black powdercoat mags for now:

Attachments

• Bicycle-Designer.jpg
    Bicycle-Designer.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 214
Back