gggGary's latest XS project "madness"

Oh, I like it, lol. Believe it or not, the larger the mains, the louder it will get. I found that out on my Moto Guzzi.

wow that goes like stink ! :yikes:

and it sounds great to me . That is a beast

That sounds awesome, I love it! LOL
I'll be in your area on the 2nd and would enjoy the opportunity to see Madness in person.
I'm in the Dells on a regular basis and end up in Baraboo alot to shop at the Menards and Blain's Farm n Fleet, I help out a friend that owns a Restaurant/Bar thats right next to the Dells Speedway she's always got a list of things for me to fix there whenever I'm down anyways if you have the time that day i'd love to check it out and meet you in person. Let me know
Thanks
Dave

I'm guessing this guy would approve since it appears to be fast-n-loud. :laugh:

Attachments

• GasMonkey.jpg
    GasMonkey.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 326
I think its about time for another test run Gary :thumbsup:

Let the recorder run a bit this time :laugh:

I think I remember the rear fender. Isn't this the one that blew the crank the other day? I didn't know it was a 750 - that's what did in the crank mebbe?

gggGary, that's fantastic.

These microphones on cameras usually max out or don't pick up the full range of the sound of the exhaust - but we certainly get the picture with that beauty.

Anlaf

Sorry, I lost track of this thread. Was doing carb jetting and did one too many up the hill full throttle runs, the bottom end started to whirr and I haven't fired it since. I think I gotta pull the crank and weld it.

Guess the last one in the motor wasnt so picky.
1518835735068202519775.jpg
The nut for the oil pump gear was in the sump, no washer at bottom of tach drive.
151883610196894196948.jpg
Worse than I thought, they had added a gasket over a gasket. I had only put about 100 miles on this bike when I stored it.

Last edited:
Kind of a wordless workshop. Who remembers wordless workshop?
Oil pump was decent inside, just a did a bit of "polishing" with 600 grit, an oil stone and mineral spirits on a flat surface. Kept the trochoid parts inside while working the housing on the stone, kind of insurance that I wouldn't go too far on the aluminum, not that it's likely with 600 grit. Caveat emptor, technique is important, YRMV.
madness2-18 (6).JPG madness2-18 (5).JPG madness2-18 (9).JPG
madness2-18 (7).JPG madness2-18 (8).JPG
A while back a guy was cleaning up a beat up pump, I gave some of my ideas, then he posted pics of his interpretation of what I said. :yikes: Thought the pics might clear up my how to do a oil pump clean up. It's critical to keep everything flat and parallel so the assembly will bolt together and seal when you're done.
And a teaser. (ala 2M?)
madness2-18 (1).JPG
Have more to do, then will report, look for input on this.

Back