gggGary's used parts emporium Buy, Sell, Trade.

Parting out a "complete" 80 "barn/field find" mag, disk brake rear, special, I just cut a chunk out of the frame for a member here. Clock shows 12K which might be right? Engine kicks free with 100+ compression "by the leg guess" method. Can check further if anyone is interested. Forks are straight but have rust above the slide area. I'll post up some pics later. brass float BS34's, slides and throttle shafts move free. Full set of engine mounts, Haven't tested the TCI yet, I'll assume something is amiss with the charging system, found a jumper wire from the coil to the headlight, :doh:

OK I just had to do a bit of snooping, charged the battery jumpered the iggy switch stuck the starter button back in pushed it and it cranked over with spark. Huffed a bit of carb cleaner in the carbs and it popped off and ran! Then I got out the compression tester and got 153 on the right and 156 on the left with the kick starter. I think its a healthy motor. I'll do a head bolt re-torque. Oil was very clean, thick and had no gas odor.

Here's some "beauty shots" cause it's some beauty!:laugh:

20150403_145515.jpg 20150403_145538.jpg 20150403_145544.jpg

20150403_145556.jpg 20150403_145604.jpg 20150403_145551.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Gary, do you have any 36 spoke wheels that will fit my 82 special. 16 rear (drum) and 19 (single disc) front is what I have now.. But they're Mags and I want laced wheels.

Thanks

Good day everyone
Looking for a stator/sprocket cover xs 650. (left engine cover) Not sure if interchangeable between model.Mine has electronic stator on it. Also interested in electronic ign module.Thanks Steve

I have an extra LH cover to fit your TCI (later engine) covers 1975 and up all interchange. it's complete with the clutch mechanism and the round alternator cover. $50 plus shipping which is not trivial to Canada. I don't have any extra TCI units for the ignition.

Good day everyone
Looking for a stator/sprocket cover xs 650. (left engine cover) Not sure if interchangeable between model.Mine has electronic stator on it. Also interested in electronic ign module.Thanks Steve
Good day
Would like to purchase side cover. Could you give me shipping cost to Kelowna BC Canada and how would you like payment? Thanks Steve.

Good day Gary
Price is good will have to wait til working again. (not in budget this month).Thanks for your time. Steve

Gaz, I am after a second hand speedo, or just the face plate to suit my 75B speedometer...here is a picture from today, you can see it's in two pieces, finally shit itself but the speedo still works....odometer at the bottom, trippy meter at the top...

IMG_3406.JPG

I have some 75 speedo parts I'll take a look. I'd be QUITE happy to hand deliver..............

Heres what I got one one is a correct 75 but note the scratches where the loose screw has ben rolling arround the other is from an XS750 (I think) looks like it would bolt but not sure, would pull the 75 apart for the face if you want.
DSCN6793.JPG

DSCN6794.JPG

DSCN6795.JPG

DSCN6796.JPG

That looks great Gaz, you wouldn't want to be here in Australia ATM, bloody hot, but we're not getting hammered too much in the tropics....I'll pm you when I wake up, it's 0300, sleep time
Mick

gggGary,
Just bought a 78 Standard for $350, hasn't run since 2011, I cleaned the carbs, fixed broken cutoff switch. Running like a champ now.
Looking for rear brake rod for it (pretty sure other years will fit too). (Someone cut the other one in two for some stupid reason)

Thx!

Mark

I have them, Mikes also sells them brand new............... Yes I think all years models with drum use the same rod. Weld your cut rod?

Got this one, just a little kinky before shipping,
DSCN7282.JPG
have to guess shipping but bare rod $10 plus $6 to ship.

gggGary,

I'm looking for a Rear Brake Pedal/Lever + Hardware, and a Working (Not Seized) Front Brake Master Cylinder Assembly. Both to fit my 1980 XS650 SG. Any chance you would have those
items and could quote me with shipping to 49738 Michigan? Thanks!!!

JR

Do you also need the rear MC?
gggGary,

I'm looking for a Rear Brake Pedal/Lever + Hardware, and a Working (Not Seized) Front Brake Master Cylinder Assembly. Both to fit my 1980 XS650 SG. Any chance you would have those
items and could quote me with shipping to 49738 Michigan? Thanks!!!

JR

No I have the rear MC, but my front is seized, I picked this bike up and rebuilt it, just snapped the bolt inside the brake pedal and found out the front MC was seized, I have the handle lever and everything, just not the actual functioning piston assembly on the front.

Back