1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS650.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice

Featured Giveaway from MikesXS: XSCharge Permanent Magnet Alternator Kit (ends 11:59pm EST on March 1, 2017)

Discussion in 'Shops' started by Travis, Jan 30, 2017.

1. I won the pma!Thank you xs650.com and Mike's xs.Hope my bike turns out half as nice as the bikes pictured in this thread.Now I just need some warm weather so I can get my bike done.Thanks again to xs650.com and Mike's xs.

2. Everyone starts somewhere! Good Luck on your build Truck! Plenty of help here to get you through the tuff spots! Nice to have the notoriety of the public when winning the prize! All good!

3. Yes half of nice? Your photo shows it needs help. LOL.
    Congrats on the win.

truckman682002 likes this.
  4. cool good luck with your build

5. johnrodriguez75

johnrodriguez75 XS650 New Member

Midwest
    Congrats! Good luck with your build !

truckman682002 likes this.
  6. Danoxs650

Danoxs650 Danny Boom

Thank you very much. The frame was cut up to a few inches behind the shock mounts. I modified the original tabs to mount the fender and welded them into the tubing. The seat pan is a medium cutlass from Airtech. They manufacture very nice pieces . See Airtech Streamling.com. I've been building for 5 or so years. Each winter maiking different changes and advancements. In Sept. of 2014 I hit a piece of carpet while merging on the hiway and went down hard hi side.The frame snapped my ankle and dislocated my right foot. After that I went for the current look. Having only done a couple of half assed two tone jobs I took some advise from friends and set out to do the paint job you see now. It needs some touch up and smoothing and more clear ,but I am happy with it for a novice with little equipment or experience. I have a picture of it before the accident on my profile. Thanks for looking. Keep in touch.

johnrodriguez75 likes this.
  7. Received my pma from mikes xs,got my rotor puller ordered to day.Will post again when I get installed on my 75.

Attached Files:

Travis, MaxPete and Wulfbyte like this.
  8. Got my rotor puller from Mike's xs today,time to get busy on the pma install.

Attached Files:

Travis and MaxPete like this.
  9. MaxPete

MaxPete New knee installed but still breakin’ her in.... Top Contributor XS650.com Supporter

Excellent - please let us know how it works out! I'll be doing the same job Lucille soon I suspect.

Pete

10. Got my pm a installed on my 75 engine,thanks again xs650.com and Mike's xs.Now on to the rest of it,later.

Attached Files:

Travis and Wulfbyte like this.
  11. MaxPete

MaxPete New knee installed but still breakin’ her in.... Top Contributor XS650.com Supporter

Cool - what's the install like?

12. Good for you. Now make the rest look as good! LOL

13. Not diffcult at all,just need some hand tools and a puller for the old rotor.

MaxPete likes this.