Giveaway: Set of rims from Mike's XS (ends 11pm CST July 8, 2012)

Status
Not open for further replies.
rim
   
Noun
1. the outer edge, border, margin, or brink of something, especially of a circular object.
2. any edge, margin, or frame added to or around a central object or area.
3. the outer circle of a wheel, attached to the hub by spokes.
4. a circular strip of metal forming the connection between an automobile wheel and tire, either permanently attached to or removable from the wheel.
5. a drive wheel or flywheel, as on a spinning mule.
6. Basketball . the metal ring from which the net is suspended to form the basket.
7. Journalism . the outer edge of a usually U -shaped copy desk, occupied by the copyreaders. Compare slot ( def. 5 ) .
8. Metallurgy . (in an ingot) an outer layer of metal having a composition different from that of the center.

Verb (used with object)
9. to furnish with a rim, border, or margin.
10. (of a golf ball or putt) to roll around the edge of (a hole) but not go in.
11. (of a basketball) to roll around (the rim of the basket) and not go in.
12. to coat or encrust the rim of (a glass): Rim each cocktail glass with salt.

Origin:
Before 1150; Middle English; Old English -rima (in compounds); cognate with Old Norse rimi; raised strip of land, ridge

Synonyms
1. lip, verge. Rim, brim refer to the boundary of a circular or curved area. A rim is a line or surface bounding such an area; an edge or border: the rim of a glass. Brim usually means the inside of the rim, at the top of a hollow object (except of a hat), and is used particularly when the object contains something: The cup was filled to the brim.

Antonyms
1. center.

Hey , Im over here! I could use em on my brat project...soon as I find the bike. Dont tell my wife I'm lookin....hee hee...Kev.

XS650 Rim Giveaway from Mike's XS (ends 11pm CST on July 8, 2012)

mikesxs_rim_giveaway.jpg

Mike's XS has tons of rims back in stock and is giving away a set of rims to one lucky XS650.com member! The winner can choose any two rims that are in stock. To enter the drawing, just post in this thread and mention that you'd like a set of rims! One entry per person (only the first post by each person in the thread will count). You must post before 11pm CST on 07/08/12 to qualify. The winner will be randomly chosen. Anyone is allowed to enter and shipping will be covered in the U.S. to the lower 48 states. Customers who are located in Alaska, Hawaii, or outside of the United States will need to pay for shipping.

XS Performance rims retail for $75-$99.00 each. Many sizes to choose from!

Check out all of the XS Performance rims on Mikesxs.net

Wims are weely good!

My Roadster needs a set of shiny new rims, so I will add my name to the long list too.

I am going to be buying two anyway, why not just give me two after all the cash I spent over there?

XS650 Rim Giveaway from Mike's XS (ends 11pm CST on July 8, 2012)

mikesxs_rim_giveaway.jpg

Mike's XS has tons of rims back in stock and is giving away a set of rims to one lucky XS650.com member! The winner can choose any two rims that are in stock. To enter the drawing, just post in this thread and mention that you'd like a set of rims! One entry per person (only the first post by each person in the thread will count). You must post before 11pm CST on 07/08/12 to qualify. The winner will be randomly chosen. Anyone is allowed to enter and shipping will be covered in the U.S. to the lower 48 states. Customers who are located in Alaska, Hawaii, or outside of the United States will need to pay for shipping.

XS Performance rims retail for $75-$99.00 each. Many sizes to choose from!

Check out all of the XS Performance rims on Mikesxs.net

I would like some new rims.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back