Giving the kidney crusher some color

Frame color

• Total voters

Exploding Coffin Emporium

Day tight compartments
Reaction score
IMG_0627.JPG
IMG_0624.JPG
Gonna bring together this sweet little XS that the PO neglected and left to rot, decisions decisions.

View attachment 93535 View attachment 93534 Gonna bring together this sweet little XS that the PO neglected and left to rot, decisions decisions.

Hi Explo,
black goes with anything.
I voted for gloss black although it's too shiny because matte black is too dull and semi-matte wasn't offered.
Or you could paint the frame to match the sheetmetal.
Presumably root-beer as that's the only other color option in the voting card.
Not MY favorite color ( perhaps because I reckon that root beer tastes like chemical plant effluent)
But if you like the color, it's your bike, not mine.

I either emailed you or the owner of this a couple weeks ago. Just bought it or decided to keep it?

Damn, wish he would've followed through on emailing me back. I knew that thing would go for lower than $600. Good on you though!
I must of went back-and-forth with him via email for about six weeks, he was going on some ski trip and needed the money so he called me up and we struck the deal, kind of a weird little city slicker kid, but he basically said he spent a bunch of money and realized he was way over his head. I had to clean up a few of the welds but she's nice, straight, and solid now. The one I'm kickin my ass on is that $175 parts xs650 on the north side I missed out on last week. Too bad you don't live a little closer, I'd love to be able to hang out with a fellow xs fan, all my dickless builder buddies do the HD and triumph shit, good buddies just bad taste in motorcycles lol.

I must of went back-and-forth with him via email for about six weeks, he was going on some ski trip and needed the money so he called me up and we struck the deal, kind of a weird little city slicker kid, but he basically said he spent a bunch of money and realized he was way over his head. I had to clean up a few of the welds but she's nice, straight, and solid now. The one I'm kickin my ass on is that $175 parts xs650 on the north side I missed out on last week. Too bad you don't live a little closer, I'd love to be able to hang out with a fellow xs fan, all my dickless builder buddies do the HD and triumph shit, good buddies just bad taste in motorcycles lol.
Lol, def would be cool to hang out with more like minded people. He never could answer one question I had. I couldn't tell from the pics, is that front wheel a 19" or a 21"?

I'm glad at least one person voted for me to drink some whiskey, I recently grabbed a bottle of Basil Hayden, nice gut warmer on a cold night in the garage.

That was MEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!

At this time of the year, a good stiff belt is as good a response as anything else.

Pete

I vote raw; keep it scuffed with Scotchbrite and WD-40. I have a chrome-moly frame done that way and it looks great.

And I vote Dewars. On the rocks, no water.

Back