Going to the Death Valley rally today

IMG_0557.PNG
Got pretty cold by California standards last night but was pretty well bundled up. We had coffee and oatmeal and hit the trail again. We decided to check out the many side roads that we never explore. We saw 20 mule team exhibit, borax mine. Mustard canyon and the grotto.

Last edited:
IMG_0525.JPG
This picture is looking back east towards the dunes. It starts out by Stove pipe wells. We were riding up cottonwood canyon. Cottonwoods like water and there isn't much out here so we knew we were in for another adventure. Lots of sand and washboard to beat us up.

IMG_0528.JPG
Lots of steep canyon walls. It must be scary in the summer when a storm blows in. Not a good place to be in a flash flood. We were in about ten miles in at this point and I'm having second thoughts about my charging system and old cam chain guides and the possibility of a chain master link coming off. It would be a long walk out.

Last edited:
Yeah, that's the race track. It's a ways to the north west of here. Long rough bumpy route to get there. Very interesting place once you get there. The rocks slide along on a dry lake bed. I think it's the same phenomenon as an xs 650 revving up on its center stand : )

IMG_0534.JPG
So they're on a hiking trip in the hills out there somewhere. They are 2 weeks in right now and have one more to go. Seemed like nice respectable people, they were from all over. A few from Canada. A few from the east coast.
The spot would be a neat place to camp.

Back