Gosh, I love working on these new bikes...

Downeaster

Everything in XS
Top Contributor
Reaction score
bike1.jpg

bike2.jpg

bike3.jpg

Decided today would be a good day to put the frame sliders on Baby Daughter's Ninja 400.

1/2 hour per side to get the plastic off, 5 minutes to install the slider. This not being my first rodeo, I only did one side at a time so I could "remember" where all the plastic fasteners went. Seat trim, lower fairing, wheel well fairing, upper fairing, lebendy-seven fasteners, some 4mm, some 5mm, some 8mm and half a bag of those plastic push-button "rivets".

Must've screwed up somewhere, no parts left over...

Last edited:
I feel ya DE, on my Suzuki V-Strom, just to service the air filter which was above the motor and under the gas tank, you had to remove the seat, 5 body panels, disconnect the fuel lines and the wiring harness for the fuel pump that resides inside the gas tank, then prop the tank up and struggle to access the air filter. Nearly an hours work to do a five minute job! :doh:
F69A2B92-DF7D-4C7D-8952-49D9A7614F1E.jpeg

And people wonder why I like things like the old XS650's and my two 1988 and 1992 Sportsters? On the sportster take out two screws and the air cleaner is off! Drain oil? loosen a hose clamp and slid drain hose off stud on bike and then spin off oil filter. Change plugs? Just as easy as the XS650, if you have wrench in your pocket both could be changed while sitting at a red light on either bike!

And people wonder why I like things like the old XS650's and my two 1988 and 1992 Sportsters?
Me too! Of any Harley, the Sportster is the most appealing to me, excluding the new $15,000 model. If I could buy a new 1964 Ford Falcon to drive every day, I would do it. KISS

Back