Got it Back !

motormike

XS650 Guru
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
Over a year ago I sold my 82' Special to a young guy.... college student. Good runner, bone stock. His first bike. Specials haven't got attention..desire.. as the standards have but I think in time they'll gather a following. The silver-colored Specials were very attractive. I texted him over the weekend to see how it was running. He replied it was pop'n and bang'n and needed a new voltage- rectifier. I offered to buy it back.... I got it for a little less than what I sold it to him for. I always liked the bike.... even the goofy handlebars. It'll go to winter slumber, and I'll seek electrical gremlins in the spring. 😎

Attachments

• Xs Special copy.jpg
    Xs Special copy.jpg
    277.8 KB · Views: 100
It's at the shop. Got the parts I gave him also..including a NOS seat. The kid said it was " banging and pop'n "... cutting in and out.. basic first.. check alternator brushes, But it's a couple weeks away. Might start look'n for the bottom frame covers... Mu shop buddy heads to the windy city this weekend to pick up a Xs2 (72') for a restoration. :cool:

Attachments

• Xs Special back again.jpg
    Xs Special back again.jpg
    342.4 KB · Views: 61
  • Xs Special back.jpg
    Xs Special back.jpg
    439.3 KB · Views: 62
These Specials were known for bad fuse blocks. Mike's Xs even sells replacements... I visited the local auto store.. got a cheap fuse block and repaired it prior to selling it to Joe College kid.

Back