got stranded....

theblackassassin

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
So around the end of september I took my bike about downtown about 6 miles from home. I ended up getting stranded and could not get the bike to run. I ended up just putting her in the garage for the winter because Chicago was getting cold and geeze was this winter bad. Anyways I decided to start diagnosing everything since its warm again. I had ordered a green monster coil from MikesXS (before the strand) and installed it during the winter. started to check things out today and when I kick the bike over I am only getting 3v. I should note here I have a HHB PMA and a Pamco Ignition and a Sparx capacitor. The bike had been running great all summer with this combo. I took my battery (from before the swap) to work today to leave at the autoshop next door to charge. So I will hook it up tomorrow and try and get some more diagnosing in. Looking to get any more procedures to do to check here. I plan on doing Petes Ignition test. once the battery is charged up. The coil is brand new so I will pass on that part. Is there anything else I should look to do here? Will I have covered it all? I am hoping I will be able to have more answers in regards to my ignition tomorrow. The Pamco, Sparx and HHB were all purchased in March & April 2013 so it was all fairly new. I would hope nothing really just bummed out on me... Let me know what ya guys think

I wouldnt skip the coil test just cause its brand new. Do every test you can. New parts can be bad right out of the box. Run through the charging system and test everything, coil included.

Back