1. Having trouble logging in? Try closing your browser and re-opening it. If that doesn't work, try a different browser or device. The site will be updated soon to resolve these browser issues.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Got your covid vaccine? Share your experience.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Jim, Feb 25, 2021.

1. kshansen

kshansen XS650 Guru Top Contributor

Well as of around 1 pm today wife and I are now "triple dippers" on the AZ vaccine.
    So far now side effects have been noticed! THUD!

This was an error the vaccines we got were Phizer! Guess I saw the "Z" and got confused!

Last edited: Sep 29, 2021
    Adamc, Paul Sutton, 650Skull and 9 others like this.
  2. MacMcMacmac

MacMcMacmac Failed Hedonist.

Double vaxxed. Pfizer, then Moderna. Never felt a thing.

Adamc, Mikey and Jim like this.
  3. 650Skull

650Skull SSSSSSSSSlither Top Contributor

Know the feeling

see the vaccine is bad for you............lost the ability to feel pain, don't play with matches.

I'm skeptical about the booster. ...................By all accounts, (i got AstraZeneca), the time period between the shots is critical for the build up of the antibodies. Gov'ts have been narrowing down the time between shots to make the roll out figures look better. AZ has 12 weeks between shots, Gov't has tried to bring it forward to 4 weeks but don't tell you the Efficacy goes down from 88% to less than 60%............i think the effectiveness of the vaccine is compromised as well. AZ is supposed to be 90/2% effective against getting serious complications if contracted, and i think that goes down if the time frame between shots is shortened below 8 weeks

Booster is said to be best for people over 80, or people who have an immune deficiency.

Hell, get another just like the other one.........;).

Paul Sutton and Jim like this.
  4. halfmile

halfmile XS Builder XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

kansas
    Booster shot scheduled for Wed morning.:thumbsup:

5. azman857

azman857 '80 XS 650SG Rider XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

I got the Moderna this past spring . Injection site soreness. That lasted a week or so. Dec, I turn 65 and if I'm able to get the booster, I will stand in line for my turn. I've seen too many news stories of former anti-vax people in the hospital wishing they got the shots earlier. That and what is the difference between this vacination and all the other ones we have had in the past? As infants, kids and (if you served) in the miliary? Sure, not everybody will have no negitive reaction. Not everyone that crosses the street, make it to the other side unscathed.

Grimly, kshansen, Mikey and 2 others like this.
  6. I got my pfizer shots in june/july, no soreness or sideeffects.

Mailman, Mikey and Jim like this.
  7. jetmechmarty

jetmechmarty Project collector XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

I wish I could say that. I look forward to the booster with dread.

Mailman and Jim like this.
  8. JesseeS

JesseeS XS650 Addict XS650.com Supporter

Got Pfizer in June I believe. I get sick hard every time I get the flu shot, so wasn't surprising when I got side effects with the Covid vaccine. Sore, headache and lightheaded for two days after each one. That said, I also had COVID and I would take the Vax side effects any day of the week

9. jetmechmarty

Me too! The side effects are awful for me just the same.

gggGary, GLJ, Mikey and 2 others like this.
  10. kshansen

For many the difference is even more substantial, Glad your effects of the Covid was not like many have!

11. Adamc

Adamc XS650 MEDDLER XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

Wales
    Everyone reacts differently to the vaccines. I’m 59 and I had the AZ first Jab; was as I’ll as I had ever been for 48 hours. No sides effects from the second jab 10 weeks later. My brother in law (62) had the same jab and just suffered mild cold symptoms; no second jab effects. Booster jabs are rolling out in the UK slowly.

Oldfartaussie, gggGary and Jim like this.
  12. DustinHarrison

DustinHarrison XS650 Member

No issues, feel nothing after vaccination!

13. halfmile

halfmile XS Builder XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

kansas
    Got my booster today. Arm is really sore this time:shrug:.

Oldfartaussie, Jim and gggGary like this.
  14. kshansen

Since getting the Pfizer booster on Monday wife has had some side effects. She had a fever I believe Tuesday night and also as of last night still had a bit of soreness in the arm. But still says it's better than the possible other results!

I have wondered if there have been any studies that compare the antibodies produced for those with reactions to the vaccination to the amount produced by those like me who has virtually no noticeable reaction?

gggGary and Jim like this.
  15. Paul Sutton

Paul Sutton I Collect Fingers XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

Well, well, well! When I was given the AZ vaccine earlier this year I never suffered any side effects, not even a sore arm. So does this mean the vaccine did not work on me? Funny thing is I have mild cold symptoms today and just tested Positive. Hopefully I will be able to answer that question now, but if you don't hear from me again you can guess the outcome...:hump:

Boog, Oldfartaussie, MaxPete and 3 others like this.
  16. jetmechmarty

I expect you're going to be just fine!

17. RC4MAN

RC4MAN XS650 Addict

There's a lot of data now as to the long term effectiveness of the vaccines. Apparently Israel, which only got the Phizer vaccine has kept excellent records related to their population, who's had the virus, who's had the vaccine etc.
    What they discovered is that the that after initial injection of the prescribed doses that antibody levels of those vaccinated and those who have had and recovered from the virus are about equal. The antibody levels of those same people checked again after 6 months has shown that the people that had the virus still have about 80%, those that had the vaccine only had about 30%
    Hey don't shoot me, I'm not trying to stir anything up here. I chose for my own reasons to have the vaccine, just relating the facts.

Marlin72xs, Boog, MrBultaco and 5 others like this.
  18. MaxPete

MaxPete Lucille, Betty, Demi & Gretel: I ask, THEY decide. XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

No vaccine can guarantee absolute immunity (from anything) but what the vaccine seems to do very well is prevent hospitalization and death in the vast majority of people - and that is much better than the alternative....

Marlin72xs, Boog, Paul Sutton and 4 others like this.
  19. jetmechmarty

It doesn't hurt to be proactive with your own immune system and general health. The talking heads don't seem to want to address that. As for me, I'm all in on that to the best of my ability.
    I had my two doses of vaccine after a dose of the virus. I'll take the booster when I can afford three days in bed sick from it, probably late spring. Maybe I'll get lucky and not be sick that long, but I'll plan for the worst.

20. 2BallCane

2BallCane XS650 Enthusiast

Maine
    Haven't gotten the shot, never planned to from the start. The more it's pushed, the less I want it. I think a lot of you guys made the right decision in your older age, but I'm a fairly young l, relatively healthy person. I've had MANY vaccines from the army, but haven't had one since, just a few flu shots until I decided they were pretty much useless. I was offered the shot way back when there was a waiting list because I'm considered an "Essential worker", but didn't see any sense in jumping ahead of the elderly. Shot or no shot, all power to you.

Boog and GLJ like this.