1. Having trouble logging in? Try closing your browser and re-opening it. If that doesn't work, try a different browser or device. The site will be updated soon to resolve these browser issues.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Got your covid vaccine? Share your experience.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Jim, Feb 25, 2021.

1. Jim

Jim Beyond the edge is the unknown. Here be Dragons XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

Good to hear you're weathering pretty well Paul. :)

2. Paul Sutton

Paul Sutton I Collect Fingers XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

Recovery complete and I'm now classified as non-infectious. I must assume that even though I had no side effects at the time of vaccination it still worked. My wife and son both have Covid now. Both have been vaccinated and both are displaying similar effects to the virus as I did - Very much like a cold although my wife did get a temperature of 100.4 F whereas I only got to 99.4 F. Her only underlying issue was having been married to me for 31 years. Throughout not one of us has been confined to bed.

Unfortunately I do not know the outcome had I not been vaccinated, but I certainly got off lightly...:hump:

Oldfartaussie, Adamc, Casull and 9 others like this.
  3. Mailman

Mailman Hardly a Guru Top Contributor

Thats good news Paul, happy you came through it unscathed.

4. Jim

Jim Beyond the edge is the unknown. Here be Dragons XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

Moderna booster and flu shots this morning. Both in the same arm... reminiscent of the ol' G.I. days. :cautious:
    Nothing but a sore arm so far.

Oldfartaussie, Adamc, Boog and 3 others like this.
  5. jetmechmarty

jetmechmarty Project collector XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

I got flu and shingles last week. The shingles arm got sore. Nothing more.

6. Jim

Been considerin' the shingles Marty. Is that one time or annual like the flu?

Oldfartaussie and Adamc like this.
  7. Mailman

I’ve had both types of shingles vaccine. Shingrix is the preferred choice. It’s supposed to be a one time shot. ( a two shot series actually) the reaction is similar to the COVID vaccine.

“Is Shingrix or Zostavax better? Shingrix is more effective than Zostavax. Shingrix is 97% effective at preventing shingles in adults aged 50 to 69 years old whereas Zostavax is only 70% effective at preventing shingles in the same age group.”

I’ve known several people who have had shingles and it can be really awful with lingering effects. It got into my mother in laws eyes and could’ve blinded her.

Oldfartaussie, Adamc and Jim like this.
  8. jetmechmarty

It's one time, but there's a booster required at three to six months. I keep hearing how miserable shingles is and decided I don't want that. My insurance covered it 100%.

Oldfartaussie, Adamc, Boog and 3 others like this.
  9. jetmechmarty

Shingrix is what I got. Booster coming. I had no real reaction other than I had to change the side I sleep on. The covid booster, OTOH, I have to plan to be sick for up to three days. No covid booster for me until holidays and important work deadlines are over.

Oldfartaussie, Mikey, Adamc and 2 others like this.
  10. Boog

Boog Traveling Stroyteller Top Contributor

I hope you did your mandatory push-ups right afterward...

Oldfartaussie, Mikey, Adamc and 3 others like this.
  11. Jim

:laugh2:

12. Adamc

Adamc XS650 MEDDLER XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

Wales
    First Oxford Astrazeneca Jab I suffered horrible after effects; three days laid up in bed feeling poorly rough. Second AZ Jab no side effects at all!. Both done at local surgery quick and efficient.
    Today had my Booster Jab. Done at local sport center converted to deal with mass vaccinations. Apart from difficulty finding parking the actual Jab process went well. !5 minutes booking in and verifying personal details. Moderna Boost Jab done after a few medical questions. 15 minutes waiting to see if I would keel over.....And away! Plenty of medical staff on hand to assist with questions etc; and everything was sanitised after each client was processed. All in all an easy process. So far no side effects. :)

13. Mailman

Tuesday morning my wife and I went to Walgreens drug store for the Pfizer booster, we had appointments and got in and out fairly quick.

Tuesday: nothing but a sore arm until about 10:00 pm, then started developing a headache, chills and body aches.
    I went to bed and tried to ride it out. I had a rough night. My wife who is smarter than me took some Tylenol around midnight and she felt better.

Wednesday: I still felt crappy, had a headache and was exhausted. My wife who took the Tylenol, got a good night sleep and was feeling better. I took Tylenol early in the morning and slowly got to feeling better as the day went on, by evening it was like the storm had passed.

Thursday: this morning, it is like it never happened. That’s the one good thing here, even when you feel the worst , you know you are not really sick and it will pass very soon.

My advice is take Tylenol 10-12 hours after getting the shot. The medical experts say it’s ok to take it after the shot, just not before. Any reaction I’ve had didn’t really happen until 12 hours later, it was the same with the Shingles vaccine.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2021 at 12:50 PM
  14. Paul Sutton

Me, my wife, son and daughter have all survived the Covid now with varying levels of mild to heavy cold symptoms. All were fully vaccinated but now await the booster in mid to late December. We have to wait at least 28 days after having Covid before the booster. The vaccine certainly helped us...:hump: Other vaccinated people I know at work who recently had Covid had more severe reactions. More flu like and with breathing difficulties. However none had to go to hospital and some reported memory problems.

15. kshansen

kshansen XS650 Guru Top Contributor

That last part would be a problem for me to tell I can't recall the last time I forgot anything, or was that the last time I did remember something?

Adamc likes this.
  16. Adamc

Adamc XS650 MEDDLER XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

Wales
    My mate Tim (who has had a very bad round off Covid before vaccines), is in the Medications Industry and worked on the Oxford vaccine. He was fully jabbed up including boosters, recently traveled to Germany and back to UK with his wife business class; they then got pinged by the tracker system and he was positive (She negative). He had to isolate at their House in Oxwich, Gower coast. His wife stayed at their home in Oxford. Although he was positive his symptoms were mild; like flue. He's all recovered now and swears by the vaccine system. His dad is professor Kieth Griffiths (Founder of Tenovous Cancer Research) a very well respected scientist in the Meds Industry says ''the vaccine saves lives'' so get them!

MrBultaco, Paul Sutton, Jim and 2 others like this.
  17. Paul Sutton

If I had a home in Oxwich I'd voluntarily self-isolate there everyday. I have spent many days hiking in that area on Duke of Edinburgh Expeditions and it's a great place. Even in the pouring rain...:hump:

Oldfartaussie, jetmechmarty and Jim like this.