Gotta love CHEAP spray paint

gggGary

If not now, When?
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
Bought this parts bike, everything was painted black. But with a little carb cleaner.............

stuff 001.jpg

Just had to share. :wink2:

Not anytime soon, yeah it's teasing, sorry! No title, engine and chassis have matching numbers I suspect.
the first two are from last weeks trip. the back one was found locally last fall.

I am looking for some 71 side covers, headlight ears etc.with original gold paint, a bit scruffy is fine.

3 early bikes.jpg

Yeah it's chrome AND from a later engine. Didn't even have to look, I noticed it the other day.

Edit; Dummy put the oil filter cover on backwards too. There was an 80 parts bike with that one, the dip stick from the 80 was in the 70 and vice versa the 70 dip stick is bent and broken off just above the flat part..... Wonder which case that's sitting in?

Lucky!

My first 650 was given to me, and it came with a parts bike. There were others sitting around town.

Now I can't find jack. But my friend Dave in WI finds them all over the place.

Ahh tricks of the trade...........

There was a decent (standard 70's x-forks, seat, sissy bar) 70 in Lander WY last winter but even for gggGary that's a LONG ways away. I think it sold, but I kept the phone number, I'll buzz the guy the next time I'm out that way.....

We Padawans are indebted to all you great 650 Jedis! There are still many Jedi mind tricks I have yet to learn.

"I am the buyer you are looking for."
"This is the best offer you will ever get."
"Dirty old men need love too."

I was eyeballin' the '70 in Lander last year. I even called the guy. But I got the '75 in Silverthorne, CO instead. I'm working in CO for the time being while the family stays in Eau Claire, WI.

Do you know Dave Spooner in Chippewa Falls? He works primarily on xs650s. Here's a picture of one of his prize winners, and a link to the event held in Elkhart Lake, WI in 2011. Maybe you were there.

http://www.motorcycleclassics.com/b...road-america-ride-and-show.aspx#axzz31zWLzTj3

He is also one of the great xs650 Jedis.

Attachments

• Dave's_Metisse.jpg
    Dave's_Metisse.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 207
do I really count 6 cylinders on that benelli? never seen one. looks wild with all those pipes.

I don't know Dave.
Yes 6 cylinder Benelli SEI's, the Italians were doing small displacement multi cylinders before the Japanese. Intro was 73. Engine was based on the honda 500 4 cylinder.

Benelli_900_Sei_orange.jpg

Moto Guzzi boult a 500cc V8 for racing in 55-57!

mg-v8b2.jpg

60's GP racing saw incredible power out of tiny multi cylinder engines.

wow. I bet the cylinders are tiny! But revs should replace torque? very cool bike.
Didn't know carb cleaner turned black bikes green!

Back