gsxr 750 onto xs650 1979?

howry

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
hi all,
was just wondering if anyone of you heard about,
gsxr 750 tree, forks, wheel, on xs650 1979?
like the whole front end.

I'm in the process of doing the same swap. I have all the parts including the new bearings from allballs. waiting for the frame to come back from Monstercraftsman to see if it all goes together

whats up with the frame? can you explain what you did? im thinking if i should do it, before i chop the bike. if not, then it gonna stay stock. will appreciate your help a lot! :)

I didn't do shit but drop it off to Jon.:laugh: The Sidetracker rig is not done yet so I have not been rushing him to get it back. They tig'd on one of the new Voodoo hardtails and are fabing one of the voodoo mono shock seats to work with the stock back bone. I have been collecting parts for the fork swap all of the measurements I have tells me it should work with minimal machining to the upper tree.

well that sounds good. how much ya paid for parts so far? just wondering. and do you need to cut anything?

I think I have around 250 in it so far. I shouldn't have to cut anything except to take a few mills off the bottom of the upper tree.

thats sounds great. i dont really want to cut anything. so, i heard it lowers the whole body. 1" was it? oh and whats the stretch you going to have?

nice. i was thinking of that one as well. so worth a try? to get front end off gsxr 750 and stick it on xs650?

so your axle is stock. and fits the rear fat tire. whats the specs of the rear tire?
* i know its off topic. but just wondering.

I'm running 93 Honda F3 rims the diameter of the bearings are the same of the xS. For the front wheel i had to get a custom bearing to fit the wheel and the stock gsxr front axle.

i guess lucky me then. 28mm on the axle. need custom axle plates. well. good luck on your project. post some pictures while ya go further.

Back