GSXR fork length and do they need offsets?

The Tin Man

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Hi all , Im collecting parts for my tracker build. Looking at a GSXR front via gognimoto stem. My questions relate to steering and height. My swing arm is a radeon and i am using 14 inch shocks so a say 1 and 1/2 inch raise, its a tracker build so some height is good especially as im 6 ft 3 and stiff in the joints. Different GSXR forks have different lenghts I am told? I am thinking the longer the better?
I am also wondering about triple clamp offsets. Cognimoto would have us believe I need their full triple conversion with 50mm ofsets as the GSXR offsets are far less than the XS and with a 19 inch front wheel it wont steer so well?
Im looking at mudcatcher rims drum rear and original front single disc and 18 rear19 front, perhaps 18 all round?

Please help Thanks in advance

lengths are not much different according to this link a couple of versions have 298mm disc rotors same as XS!
http://www.svrider.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2163049
150.jpg

Also wonder if the wider tracker bars will negate the loss of offset from GSX triples?

Last edited:
What'll matter more is the rake numbers. More trail will make the bike more stable, but the reduced rake will make it twitchier. I put zx6 forks on mine and lowered the rear to get rake to a hair over 25*. Granted I'm running 17s front and rear, but I ended up with very little angle on the swingarm to get things where it should be happy.

Attachments

• 20180303_123802.jpg
    20180303_123802.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 181
If your running a Radian swing arm and 14" shocks be sure to check the chain and shifter shaft clearance. The more you extend the ride height the closer the chain comes to the shaft. If you use the stock Radian shock mount location you might be OK. I have 2 of these set ups and have moved the swing arm shock mount to be where the original XS was forward and a little narrower. If you use the stock GSXR trees it will shorten the trail.Just say`n.

I rebuilt this one last rear and even with the big tires it tracked well. Bearings are the key and I have done three without changing stem. All Balls has a chart for what you need. Only thing I don't like is there will be no stops unless you make some. I also did years ago a KZ too. Next I am going to do Mono with GSXR Front like this but different front.

Attachments

• IMG_3891.JPG
    IMG_3891.JPG
    246.4 KB · Views: 331
  • IMG_3838.JPG
    IMG_3838.JPG
    182 KB · Views: 231
  • IMG_0021.JPG
    IMG_0021.JPG
    116 KB · Views: 169
  • Cafe build.jpg
    Cafe build.jpg
    175.9 KB · Views: 211
Nice bike Daddyg, any advice on rims? I have a variety of 18 and 19 inch mudslingers. they need to be laced so im considering front and rear 18s or 19 s I know 19s are tracker style but i want road based tires? so 18 and 18 or 18 and 19 or 19 and 19 ?

I like the 19 front 18 rear combo . Tracks nice and makes the bike look even. 16 are great for choppers and that would have been the only change I would have done on the maroon bike.

Back