Hair No Hair

Mailman

Hardly a Guru
Top Contributor
Reaction score
F2A79FCC-7CF0-4DC3-8B14-A423626E6892.jpg

What the hell happened? That was ONLY 43 short years ago. That was back '74, I still looked like that when I owned my first XS650. The Beatles were still together, Vietnam just wound down, Woodstock was a recent memory. Born to be Wild was the anthem of my youth.
Got any long hair photos of yourself? Or just a photo of yourself letting your freak flag fly?
Here's another groovy one. Check out the puka shell necklace and Earth Shoes baby!
IMG_4536.JPG

eeeeyyyyahhhh....things do change fer sure. I put it down to my three gorgeous daughters...there's nothing more effective at making a man slightly to the right of Atilla the Hun on most issues...than having three daughters.

Anyhow - here is a photo of me in 1976 on a bicycle trip in Europe and now - as a tight-@ss engineering professor.

14. Peter on Bicycle Trip in Holland - 1976.JPG
PFrise-Portrait_email.jpg

I'm not sure which one I like the best - but I sure know which one does the best job of intimidating snot-nosed young hipster twits who sit in my driveway honking the horns of their crappy little foreign cars with loud stereos and dice hanging from the mirrors....:pimp:.....

Attachments

• Kathy&Peter.jpg
    Kathy&Peter.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 256
View attachment 97427
What the hell happened? That was ONLY 43 short years ago. That was back '74, I still looked like that when I owned my first XS650. The Beatles were still together, Vietnam just wound down, Woodstock was a recent memory. Born to be Wild was the anthem of my youth.
Got any long hair photos of yourself? Or just a photo of yourself letting your freak flag fly?
Here's another groovy one. Check out the puka shell necklace and Earth Shoes baby!
View attachment 97430

Geeez Bob - you were a handsome due there - great 70's hair, that's for sure!

Haha, that's awesome Pete! I only had one daughter to deal with and two sons. I feel your pain being the only man in the house!
And I love the photo, you were rocking the bearded vagabond free spirit look. How cool was that cycling across Europe? You got the traveling bug young huh?

Btw , my wife said my photo looked like me posing with my grandson! Wth? Haha

eeeeyyyyahhhh....things do change fer sure. I put it down to my three gorgeous daughters...there's nothing more effective at making a man slightly to the right of Atilla the Hun on most issues...than having three daughters.

Hi Pete,
my first marriage only produced two daughters and while channeling Atilla the Hun may work I was a "soft answer turneth away wrath" Dad.
Wife & I came home one evening to find our 17 year old having a basement party with a bunch of local 'teens.
" Get rid of them!" my wife said. Ten minutes later they'd all gone.
"What did you do? Threaten them?"
"No, I joined the party. They gave me a beer then they left Nobody out-bullshits me in my own home."

Ah Bob, the hair then gone now thread.

Resto, where'd you get that pic of me? I think I still have that shirt.

Whenever the discussion turns to my personal circumstance as being follicly challenged, (I said follicly).
I always allege that the Good Lord only made so many good heads, and the rest He put hair on.

I admit to many years of the practice. Have had a head like a Southwestern Ontario winter road conditions report (bare to centre bare) for over 35 years.

Can't find any old pics but had the 'rocker' hair down the back, and the headband in the 70's. We were all in a band back then weren't we?

My dad always took great pleasure in saying with a smile, "I told you to get your hair cut. Serves you right. It was so heavy, it fell out"

Ah Bob, the hair then gone now thread.

Resto, where'd you get that pic of me? I think I still have that shirt.

Whenever the discussion turns to my personal circumstance as being follicly challenged, (I said follicly).
I always allege that the Good Lord only made so many good heads, and the rest He put hair on.

I admit to many years of the practice. Have had a head like a Southwestern Ontario winter road conditions report (bare to centre bare) for over 35 years.

Can't find any old pics but had the 'rocker' hair down the back, and the headband in the 70's. We were all in a band back then weren't we?

My dad always took great pleasure in saying with a smile, "I told you to get your hair cut. Serves you right. It was so heavy, it fell out"

Robin: our Dad's must have gone to school together! Not all of my hair has fallen out just yet - but he used to say just that to me too! He always thought he was hilarious when he said that....:cautious:

beard10.jpg

Sigh.
From birth to age 18, my Dad told me how to cut my hair.
From age 18 to age 40, the US Navy told me how to cut my hair.
I retired from the Navy and it all fell out.
Not counting my beard, I got more hair growing out of my nose and ears than my scalp:redface:

There's nothing to regret Queenslegs, the 70's were a ...ahem unique time. And as far as today goes , well as they say, growing older sure beats the alternative! Haha
You look like one my old classmates. Rock on!

beard10.jpg

Sigh. I got more hair growing out of my nose and ears than my scalp:redface:

That's hysterical I was going to say the same thing!
By the way, my dad hated my hair. Then add to that , the first vehicle I ever bought was an obnoxiously smoky two stroke street bike and he was certain I was going to be a no account bum. ( At least he lived long enough to see me become a career government employee and more like him than I care to admit.)

I have a brother-in-law who has a hairdoo like yours Downeaster - and he always says that he is simply too tall for his hair.

P

Back