1. Having trouble logging in? Try closing your browser and re-opening it. If that doesn't work, try a different browser or device. The site will be updated soon to resolve these browser issues.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Handlebar Switches

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jaifresh, Apr 10, 2012.

1. jaifresh

jaifresh XS650 Enthusiast

hey everyone,

just wanting to see some pictures of what other people are using as smaller alternatives to the huge handlebar switches?

cheers

Jai

2. OctoberNotice

OctoberNotice XS650 Enthusiast

canton
    My buddy has a 2012 Harley Sportster, I rode it the other day and was pleased to find a clicker button on each side for the turn signals, how difficult would it be to get this same set up on a 650?

3. tonytorque

tonytorque XS650 Enthusiast

This is mine, light on/high beam/horn.

Attached Files:

4. rkeys

rkeys XS650 Enthusiast

bloodhound are you using thoes switch on your bike?

5. OctoberNotice

OctoberNotice XS650 Enthusiast

canton
  6. scott s

scott s XS650 Junkie

Cool. Where'd you get it? What about the other side.....kill switch?

7. bloodhound

bloodhound XS650 Addict

Here is the site. http://www.posh-factory.com/product.htm It took a while for him to sell them in the US. As far as I know this is the only way to get them. No USA distributors. I have mini buttons on my present bike.I will post a pic later. Directions are on the site. You do have to drill holes.

8. bloodhound

bloodhound XS650 Addict

9. tonytorque

tonytorque XS650 Enthusiast

Bought it in a scooter/ 50cc mopet store, on the other side nothing, there is even a tiny kill-switch on it , i dont use it do.

10. bloodhound

bloodhound XS650 Addict

I am using the stock throttle setup on my bike. It has the kill and starter button. I am using the starter button as the horn. You can buy cheap small clamp on kill switches. I will be using the posh buttons on both sides. They make a couple different versions.

11. retroLS1

retroLS1 XS650 Addict

US
    Bringing this thread up from the dead.

Thinking about getting some sort of mini switch for the left side of my handlebars for my turn signals and horn. These look like a nice solution. Has anyone else had experience with these, or ordered them from Posh directly? The website is a little rough for American speaking folks but I'm pretty sure I got the gist of ordering it. Looks like they are around 50 bucks plus shipping for one of the mini switches. I'm also a little foggy on the installation of them... the site doesn't give any details on that.

Is anyone else using any other aftermarket switches that aren't too huge?

12. MechNewb

MechNewb XS650 Enthusiast

Im installing some POSH switches now. If you email the site, they respnd back and have no problem communicating in english.

13. retroLS1

retroLS1 XS650 Addict

US
    Ah good to know. Do you have any pics of the switches you are installing and how you are installing them?

14. MechNewb

MechNewb XS650 Enthusiast

I dont at the moment. Im swapping the bars to black supercross style so its causing me to wire everything differntly and will take me a while.

On the left side, Ive got a three position toggle switch (On-OFF-ON) for the signals, and a moentary push for the horn. On the right Ive got a single toggle switch for a kill switch. Im reloacting the hi-low and the start button as well.

Google "the ross hall project" for an indepth article one guy did for his build. Id link to it but my work computer is blocking it right now.

15. retroLS1

retroLS1 XS650 Addict

US
    Cool, I'll check it out. I need just one 2-spot switch for turn signals and horn. I have both mounted and working currently but are not ideal and that switch looks like a good clean solution.

16. Tim of DO THE TON

Tim of DO THE TON XS650 Junkie