Hanging idle problems

So..
The idle screw was indeed too far, but the problem is the throttle cable, that is too short and must pass along the left side of the frame instead of the right side.
It is also in a very bad shape, so it has to be changed.
I went to the gas station to blow some air in the tires, and the bike is going almost well know.
Thanks for your patience.
20210410_151526.jpg
20210410_151551.jpg

AleXS, I'm old but my vision and comprehension are still good.
The left and right hand side of the bike are determined by when you sit on it. Sit on it facing forward to be exact. Left is left, right is right.
Please excuse my impertinence if I have misconstrued.

No trouble, NJ, the picture I took was before I changed the path of the throttle cable... from the right to the left.
And now, it's just under the tank, not between the tank and the frame... or else it is too tight and that's why the idle is too high.

Take care when binding cables to the frame with cable ties. You can't cinch them down tight, they must be loose so they can shift and move a little if need be.

Hi all,
The failure was the throttle cable...
I bought a new one and replaced the old one.
The new throttle cable runs along the frame and under the tank as seen in the drawings you sent, and the cable is lightly bind to allow moving.
And now the bike is working as well as expected.
The idle is about 1000 rpm, the sound is great, and I drove about 10 kilometers last Saturday.
I AM HAPPY !
Many many thanks to the helpers, and I hope to send nice sunny pictures soon.
(just have to change the tachometer cable that seems to be broken :()

Back