Hard on Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jim, I love that tank! What year model bike did it come off of?

I think it came off of a 1958 Gilera Giubileo like this one. I picked up a basket case at a garage sale a couple years ago. Frame, forks, tins, head and tail light, wiring harness, tool boxes, shocks, etc. No motor.

The tank is heavy guage steel. Has two petcock outlets at the back of each side. Fits the XS frame pretty well (fits over top motor mount and the tunnel is wide enough for the coils to still fit) and has a cool shape when seen from the top.

Plus, its not like you will see a crap load of bobbers with the same tank.

Jim in Minnesota

Attachments

• Gilera_1958_Giubileo_125_1.jpg
    Gilera_1958_Giubileo_125_1.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG_0839.JPG
    IMG_0839.JPG
    97.2 KB · Views: 165
I think it came off of a 1958 Gilera Giubileo like this one. I picked up a basket case at a garage sale a couple years ago. Frame, forks, tins, head and tail light, wiring harness, tool boxes, shocks, etc. No motor.

The tank is heavy guage steel. Has two petcock outlets at the back of each side. Fits the XS frame pretty well (fits over top motor mount and the tunnel is wide enough for the coils to still fit) and has a cool shape when seen from the top.

Plus, its not like you will see a crap load of bobbers with the same tank.

Jim in Minnesota

Awesome tank! Loving the red bike! In particular the tank, fork covers and headlight look great together!

Foundation of my build. Just scored this tank. This was my first choice and will suit this build perfectly.

full

Harley Rapido! One of my favorite tanks! Found one in excellent condition without any dents or rust. All chrome panels and original petcock are all good!

Reproduction tanks of these called repitos run for 600.00 lol

Thats cool,
My Brother had a Rapido back in 72 or 73. He rode that thing everywhere. He would even take it hunting. Strap a rifle scabbard along the front forks and off he went.

Try that nowdays and see how far you would get.

Jim in Minnesota

Let me know how it goes with Hoos. Considering the rephase and big bore next fall.

Thats cool,
My Brother had a Rapido back in 72 or 73. He rode that thing everywhere. He would even take it hunting. Strap a rifle scabbard along the front forks and off he went.

Try that nowdays and see how far you would get.

Jim in Minnesota

Nice! It's a great looking bike. Do you still have it?

Let me know how it goes with Hoos. Considering the rephase and big bore next fall.

Will do man. I'll call them on monday. I went on their site and didn't see a kit.

The blue print!! Sketched the rapido tank in. Planning to order the David bird looped hard tail soon. Definitely want a stubby bike.. 0" stretch 2" drop would fit my bill.

full

Sweetness..

Your going to be a real bastard and get some vintage customs fork covers aren't ya?

Sweetness..

Your going to be a real bastard and get some vintage customs fork covers aren't ya?

Haha hell yeah make that 2 sets..Jay's making a custom set to work with the clip-ons on my other bike :D Should look like this

5ee66f22b95011e1a8761231381b4856_7.jpg

I saw on instagram i think it was you were asking about them.

Damnit! 2 sets! My next build is going to have em fo show

LOL Yeah that was me haha. Those covers are dope! I've been asking him to make me a set for the longest time. He finally decided to start selling them.

Every time I see a tank like that I automatically think Detroit Bros. Which is not a bad thing, as I really dug their style :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back