hardtail chain tensioners?

purerockfury71

purerockfury71
Reaction score
ok there maybe be a thread on this already but i suck at searching for this stuff on this site, so i hardtailed my frame and plan on using the coventional or stock style chain tensioners but as you all or atleast many of you know the axle plates when you hardtail a bike are thinner than the stock swing arm so either i have to make spacers to make the stock tensioners work or find some from another bike that will work wich i have another set from some other bike that are the right thickness just a little to short in length so my question is if anyone knows of a bike i can get the tensioners for that will work with my axle plates read somewhere cb350 tensioners will work just not sure if not i would like to hear some of your ideas on how to take care of this, how you made the stock ones work or a bike you got them from...

Yep, 3/4" washers do the trick just fine. I tacked mine on to the stock adjusters to make it easier to assemble.:thumbsup:

If you still have the swing arm, it has welded on doublers which would be t*ts on the hardtail.

Back