Harley Evo engine question

BigJimmyW13

XS650 Guru
Reaction score
Anyone know whether I can put a heads with a breather on a case breather lower? My local guy has a set of heads with a breather, but I have an 86 evo lower with a breather on the case. Also what year heads would be compatible with the 86 lower? He was telling me they may not fit easily due to the head bolts. Any information or suggestions?

Uh... I think you may wish to check which of your forums you are posting to??

What's an "Evo"? Is that like an Emo when he's in his "Dark Place"? And the breather is his asthma inhaler? How the hell would we know about an evil Emo with an inhaler? We all come on here to talk about XS650s... lay off the crack.

" The Garage - (42 Viewing)
Motorcycle Related Discussion (Yamaha XS650, other makes and models, and anything else motorcycle related including tools and gear)"

Harley Evo.

No Teebs you're fine. Just long day. Thought I'd clear up all the hub bub about this being an XS site. I am pretty established here and I know who is who on tech advice. So if replier "x" replies I know I can trust it. Otherwise not necessarily the case on a harley forum that I'm not on very often.

BigJimmy! you may want to look into joining the Horse Backstreet chopper forum. im a member and they have been very helpful with stuff and they have a good swap meet page and can find alot of good deals, just something to look into :)

Thanks Rusty. I will look into that. You need to post up some more pics of your harley. I saw a bit on facebook, but I didn't see too much. Unless you have a link to your "harley" thread. See me - I like motorcycles in general... Except I've never had an affinity to own or operate a crotch rocket for the simple fact I know I'd kill myself....

Thanks Rusty. I will look into that. You need to post up some more pics of your harley. I saw a bit on facebook, but I didn't see too much. Unless you have a link to your "harley" thread. See me - I like motorcycles in general... Except I've never had an affinity to own or operate a crotch rocket for the simple fact I know I'd kill myself....

I wanted the crotch rocket speed, but Harley bike, so I did a big bore from Nallin Performance and then a turbo at 8#, I made nasty "crotch rocket" powa' with the Evo motor:bike:

Well... I have a super evo. It has a 4 valve racing heads with a dual carb set up and a racing cam... I'm pulling all of that off to fund most of the work it needs. Hence the heads question.. I would still kill myself with the harley / crotch rocket speed. I'd like to see my 26th birthday.

I go to www.bike-talk.com for questions about my Harley. Alot like here, a bunch of very smart guys, working on bikes. They just work on the second best bike ever.

Well... I have a super evo. It has a 4 valve racing heads with a dual carb set up and a racing cam... I'm pulling all of that off to fund most of the work it needs. Hence the heads question.. I would still kill myself with the harley / crotch rocket speed. I'd like to see my 26th birthday.

would love to see it!

Back