Harvest Classic in Luchenback, Texas! Let's get a group together!

In spite of recent record rainfalls and low temps in this area, the 2018 Harvest Classic happened anyway. Saturday saw a break in the rain, just a mild drizzle, 63°F.

Attendance and participation was down about 50%, so let's see the diehards.
HarvestClassic-20181020-01.jpg

Some water ponding and mud.
If I was to call it, I'd say that this year's theme was,
"Beige mud".
HarvestClassic-20181020-02.jpg

Fortunately, the Grape Creek water level subsided.
Many campers set up in the motorcycle-only area out yonder.
HarvestClassic-20181020-03.jpg

Of course, the wet and mud doesn't faze the trials riders.
HarvestClassic-20181020-04.jpg

All in all, given the weather, a much better showing than I was expecting. Met a lot of nice folks, some even familiar with the XS650.

There were absolutely NO XS650s at this event, not even in the parking area.

Which, I believe, confirms that XS650 riders aren't all that crazy after all...

A huge turnout for this 2019 Harvest Classic.
And hot, about 95°F in the afternoon.

The cage-of-death drew a crowd.
HarvestClassic-20191019-01.jpg

DogBunny and I first hit the swapmeet. He found and acquired an interesting piece.
HarvestClassic-20191019-02.jpg

Then we went on to the 2-acre Vintage and European Bike Show.
A bit challenging for me this year, what with the heat, the Keto diet, pain/fatigue, and a painful foot corn that I seemed to get from all the ranch activities this summer. Navigating thru the crowds, trying to get a glimpse, filling in the voting sheets. As we were departing, DogBunny mentioned that I didn't take any pictures. Oh, crap! Well, it was pretty much the same bikes as previous shows, plus any pics would've been mostly pics of people crowding around things.

However, DogBunny noted that there were *NO* XS650s in this year's show.

The only one we saw was this fine '73 TX650, parked close to the show grounds. From Cedar Park (just NW of Austin), the owner was a bit disappointed by an unloading mishap that dinged/dented the top/rear of his tank.
HarvestClassic-20191019-03.jpg

Not a member, he may join up on our forum.

There was an Austin dealer there, TJ's Cycle, with a couple of new Royal Enfield 650s on display. I sat on the Interceptor, quite comfortable, very similar to my XS1B. Not obvious in the brochures, the fuel tank is wide/fat, like many of the modern sportbikes.
HarvestClassic-20191019-04.jpg

I was a 1/2 mile walk to the show, and back, and I was hurting. So, we left, drove 40 miles west, had lunch, then sat in on a livestock and exotic animal auction...
LivestockAuction-20191019.jpg

Back