Headlight four wires whats/what?

vsop-dk

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Hi everyone, im at the headlight now and need some input. The headlight has the following wires, Green, Blue, White and Brown/White

At the image you can see what goes where and for a skilled person it might be obvious whats going where. I need to find out how to hook it up to my harness, whats ground, whats positive and whats what ;)

Thanks for anyones assistance here

769D73DF-FE6B-4FA6-A41B-D1A17EAE612D_zpsvadt1cdm.jpg

:bike:

What you'll need to do is touch the various wires to a battery to determine their function. The green wire is most likely the ground as it connects to both the main bulb and the parking light bulb. The brown/white is most likely power for the parking light bulb. The blue and white are most likely power for the high and low beam. You'll have to determine which is which through testing. Connect the green up to the negative battery post and then touch the other three wires individually to the positive post and see what filaments they light.

Thanks for the quick response. Ill get at it tomorrow and find out what they are. Thanks again and have a nice evening.

5twins thanks ;) it's now been tested and what seems obvious to some, kind of gave me a aha experience. I've never touched electrics before and it were great trying this. The wires were reacting colorwise exactly as you had it described.

Thanks ;) and have a great day

Back