Health Thread

For those of you who watch what you eat, here's the final word on nutrition and health. It's a relief to know the truth after all those conflicting nutritional studies.
1. The Japanese eat very little fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.
2. The Mexicans eat a lot of fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.
3. The Chinese drink very little red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.
4. The Italians drink a lot of red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans...
5. The Germans drink a lot of beer and eat lots of sausages and fats and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.

CONCLUSION: Eat and drink what you like. Speaking English is apparently what kills you.

For those of you who watch what you eat, here's the final word on nutrition and health. It's a relief to know the truth after all those conflicting nutritional studies.
1. The Japanese eat very little fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.
3. The Chinese drink very little red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.
4. The Italians drink a lot of red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans...
5. The Germans drink a lot of beer and eat lots of sausages and fats and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.

CONCLUSION: Eat and drink what you like. Speaking English is apparently what kills you.

You might be right! I just did a quick look on Google and we know if it's on the Innernet it has to be right. 25% of the deaths in US or UK are related to CVD.

Well that might explain things some Mom was pure English and Dad was half German! Oh and my first wife was half Irish so that is why we were together for close to 30 years and still friends!

Hi Ken,
I am English by birth and there are no pure English.
We are a bastard mix of Pict, Celt, Gael, Anglo-Saxon, Norse & Huguenot with an added frisson from every race or tribe we ever conquered.
And these days, what with the latest influx from the Caribbean getting stirred into the mix, we are getting a tad browner.

Hi Ken,
We are a bastard mix of Pict, Celt, Gael, Anglo-Saxon, Norse & Huguenot with an added frisson from every race or tribe we ever conquered.
And these days, what with the latest influx from the Caribbean getting stirred into the mix, we are getting a tad browner.

Well all I know is both her parents emigrated from Manchester back in the 19teens, grandpa came over on the Lusitania! His trip to US was about 3 years before someone sank that ship!

Well all I know is both her parents emigrated from Manchester back in the 19teens, grandpa came over on the Lusitania! His trip to US was about 3 years before someone sank that ship!

Hi Ken,
I knew a man from Liverpool who's whole family was White but he came out kinda Obama-colored.
Big screaming family row about infidelity until family records showed a long ago product leakage from the Liverpool slave trade.

We go to Quebec' City. It's the only time I eat in French restaurants. The food is very rich, but the portion sizes are small, and you are satisfied after eating it. I really didn't see a lot of "big people", there. It's the same thing in France. One of the problems with Americans is portion size. Most people are not aware of the fact that it takes 20 minutes for your stomach to tell your brain you are full. A study was done on eating habits and it was learned that people generally eat what is on their plate. If a plate is filled most people will eat it. If its not heaped up, people will feel satisfied by the amount they have, anyway.
And Chinese, (who eat fish and rice in their country) come here and adapt to our way of eating suffer the same health problems we do. But, because of better nutrients, their offspring in this country, generally grow taller.

Hi Ken,
I knew a man from Liverpool who's whole family was White but he came out kinda Obama-colored.
Big screaming family row about infidelity until family records showed a long ago product leakage from the Liverpool slave trade.
In my area, we have the Ramapo Mountain People. Politically incorrectly called "Jackson Whites". Or "Jacks and Whites" (Jacks being slang for blacks) They are light skinned people with fair, curley hair and black features with Dutch proper names. They are descendants of children spawned by early Dutch settlers and their slaves. They moved into the mountain hollows and would have little contact with the new settlers to the area, and interbred with native Americans who also called the mountains their home. They lived by their own rules. A movie referencing them drew ire from them a couple of years back, portraying them as lawless people. It was call "Out of the Furnace", starring Christian Slater, Casey Afflack, and Woody Harrelson.

Hi Ken,
Yah, mon! And that's what I read the entire human race will eventually evolve into, an olive skinned mix with very nice features. Blonds and redheads will supposedly disappear, but this will take time as red heads have a dominant trait.

I like 'em ,too. My wife makes 'em toasty and buttery.
There's no conclusive evidence, but I'm still going to brush my teeth (if I can remember)...

Attachments

• BARBRA&OLD LAND CRUISER 001.jpg
    BARBRA&OLD LAND CRUISER 001.jpg
    318.1 KB · Views: 173
Sort of related to health. I was leaving Walmart here with a bunch of bags and was putting them on my bike parked next to the door. There was this white haired bearded guy in the entryway who asked me if everything was going to fit. I said it always fits somehow. He said something about an expression of faith, I wish I could remember his exact words, but it made me think he was pretty wise and experienced. Definitely wise beyond his appearance and what I expected. So a month ago I saw him again at another parking lot near there, I don't know if he remembered me, and he was talking about how he's 74 years old and walks 35 miles a day. Come to find out he was understating his age by two years, probably the walking distance by a few miles. Then a couple of weeks ago I see in the paper where crossing the highway there he was hit by two cars and killed. Weird that just a "ok, be careful" as he walked off that day might have possibly made the difference. Or had he stayed a second longer at wherever he had been, the cars wouldn't have been there.

So I’ve been knocking out some routine annual Dr visits and one of them that is usually the most nothing visit of them all tripped me up. I’ve gone to the eye doctor every year since I was twelve years old and usually just leave with a new prescription for glasses. This time however it was discovered that I’ve developed a blind spot in the periphery of my left eye.
I’ve already had my eyes dialated and had a close visual inspection by an ophthalmologist and had a glaucoma test. I’m slated to get a detailed retina scan in nine days which may or may not shed some more light on the cause.
If they don’t see something obvious then I’ll probably be scheduled for an MRI to see if I’ve had a small stroke , a small blood clot that has affected the portion of my brain that processes vision, or if I have a tumor on my pituitary gland which in turn puts pressure on the optic nerve. If it was a blood clot, then I’ll probably be put on blood thinners and a statin.
If it is a tumor then my life just got very complicated.
I don’t want to get too far ahead of myself here, there are more tests to be done.

Also, around Christmas, I developed a hernia, it’s more uncomfortable than painful but it needs to be fixed.
I haven’t seen a Dr. for that yet. I really wanted to get my bike up and running before having that surgery.

Ah well, this will all get sorted.........one way or another.

Bob, while I don't usually visit this thread, I wanted to see the post from your restoration thread you eluded too. I presume you can still see, just with some vision missing. My older brother woke up one morning and couldn't see anything. He went to a doctor and the doc said he had a
stroke while sleeping. Most of the time it infects only one eye, but in his case both were the same. It (I don't remember the term) is similar to
macular degeneration in that he has a blind spot in the center of his eyes. He has since gotten most of his vision back and plays golf and bowls. He also drives.
Good luck on your trek through all that is the doctor's domain. I/we hope that they don't find a tumor on your pituitary gland.
BTW, I have been on Plavix (blood thinner) for 2 months.

Have hard time clicking on "LIKE" button for that post just hope the doc's can get things fixed back up good for you!

It’s alright Ken , I would’ve known what you meant. And I do too. :thumbsup:

Bob, while I don't usually visit this thread, I wanted to see the post from your restoration thread you eluded too. I presume you can still see, just with some vision missing. My older brother woke up one morning and couldn't see anything. He went to a doctor and the doc said he had a
stroke while sleeping. Most of the time it infects only one eye, but in his case both were the same. It (I don't remember the term) is similar to
macular degeneration in that he has a blind spot in the center of his eyes. He has since gotten most of his vision back and plays golf and bowls. He also drives.
Good luck on your trek through all that is the doctor's domain. I/we hope that they don't find a tumor on your pituitary gland.
BTW, I have been on Plavix (blood thinner) for 2 months.

Thanks. This is a little diagram I made to show my Dr. This is my blind spot.
37EFC3D9-E911-495D-A3B2-E80B62C696F2.jpeg
It’s a weird thing, it’s not like I have a black spot where there is just nothing. When I have both eyes open my right eye sees about 80% of what my left eye doesn’t and my brain just kind of fills in the blanks. In that dead spot things just sort of disappear, if I pass my hand through that zone and I’m only looking with my left eye, my hand just vanishes and then reappears when it’s passed through that spot. I’m hardly even aware of it, it feels like a smudge on my glasses that is always just a little blurry.

Yeah, I can hardly believe that I find myself almost rooting for it to be a stroke. It would just be the lesser of the two evils.

You say you just recently started Plavix, did you have a blood clot?

Back