Health Thread

You guys do know you're as likely to be killed by the medical profession as saved by it, right?

never a truer word said .
The level of ignorance and indifference in the UK Medical Profession is staggering in my experience.
I've worked in a Hospital where they have amputated the wrong leg, arm and breasts and killed people from accidental overdosing medication.

My Doctor ignored all my symptoms for over 15 years........... turned out I'd been struggling all that time with Diabetes , hyperprolactinemia, NAFL Stage 3 hypertension and various other conditions

I now take full responsibility for my own health . if anyone is going to get it wrong its going to be me not some twat biding his time until he retires with a fat Pension

A good family friend was killed by the antidote to bad anesthesia for a procedure that probably wasn't necessary regarding a recalled heart stint! I've got about a half dozen other stories.

It doesn't surprise me. But for New Year's it surprises me that some linebacker from Nebraska didn't tackle him. I used to fly up about every year and stay in or around Times Square. Not New Year's just random times. I once met a cop there who gave me the lowdown on "living on the street". He was talking about how this was the place to go if you wanted to be anonymous. I love it there; just something about it.
The stabbings started just as everyone started cheering and screaming. I went to a concert to see Mountain, Humble Pie and Yes in Gaelic Park at Manhatten College when some guy was looking at the crowd and said to his friends, "Boy, you could really do a job, here with a baseball bat."
The next time I went there, fights were breaking out after the concert, and it was no fun anymore. I'm just glad I'm not going to crazy concerts now, with the terrorists and mass murderers using them as an opportunity to do as much damage as possible. They interviewed Charles Manson after the Muraugh Federal Building in Oklahoma was blown up by Timothy Mc Veigh and asked him what he thought about that. Charles Manson shook his head and said," In my day, I was crazy and that really meant something. Now, everyone's crazy."

The level of ignorance and indifference in the UK Medical Profession is staggering in my experience.
I've worked in a Hospital where they have amputated the wrong leg, arm and breasts and killed people from accidental overdosing medication.

My Doctor ignored all my symptoms for over 15 years........... turned out I'd been struggling all that time with Diabetes , hyperprolactinemia, NAFL Stage 3 hypertension and various other conditions

I now take full responsibility for my own health . if anyone is going to get it wrong its going to be me not some twat biding his time until he retires with a fat Pension
I've seen all kinds of doctors and won't generalize, but the bigger problem is the tidal wave of baby boomers, now flooding health care facilities requiring much more care due to problems which arise with age. And since they've reached medicare age the reimbursement is no incentive to a lot of doctors to accept them. We are between a rock and hard place. !0,000 baby boomers reach 65 every day, according to an article in the paper, this week.

Exerpt in "Living Spry" magazine:
Know your waist to height ratio.
According to researchers at Leeds Beckett University this is an accurate determination of your body's whole fat level- and trimming fat can reduce your risk for heart disease, diabetes and stroke. It's easy to find your ratio number-simply compare your waist circumference to and your height. You want your waist to measure less than half of how tall you are.

According to researchers at Leeds Beckett University this is an accurate determination of your body's whole fat level- and trimming fat can reduce your risk for heart disease, diabetes and stroke. It's easy to find your ratio number-simply compare your waist circumference to and your height. You want your waist to measure less than half of how tall you are.
Is it cheating if you measure your waist when a pretty girl is walking by?

Hi GB,
LBU's formula sez I'm 6'-8" tall and as I'm only 5'-7" they are obviously spreading fake news.

This is where it gets extremely confusing and frustrating. One set of 'experts' say one thing another set say the opposite. Who are we to believe!....

I have to take issue with the Leeds Beckett Uni regarding reducing fat on meat reduces risk of heart attacks, That nonsense has been completely debunked now for over 20 years. Once it is understood how the mechanism of Atherosclerosis develops in the arteries it can be seen that it is not organic animal fat we need to restrict but carbohydrates and sugars.

Plaque is made up of fat and calcium but we wouldn't restrict our calcium intake obviously so why should we restrict the amount of animal fat we consume . The arterial fat (plaque) is what the body lays down to protect the artery walls from inflamation and it is the product of Hyperinsulinemia and metabolic syndrome due to consuming too much sugar and carbs NOT from the animal fat that we consume.

All the science is explained in the video I linked to called 'The Widow Maker' watching that video could literally change your life.

This is where it gets extremely confusing and frustrating. One set of 'experts' say one thing another set say the opposite. Who are we to believe!....

I have to take issue with the Leeds Beckett Uni regarding reducing fat on meat reduces risk of heart attacks, That nonsense has been completely debunked now for over 20 years. Once it is understood how the mechanism of Atherosclerosis develops in the arteries it can be seen that it is not organic animal fat we need to restrict but carbohydrates and sugars.

Plaque is made up of fat and calcium but we wouldn't restrict our calcium intake obviously so why should we restrict the amount of animal fat we consume . The arterial fat (plaque) is what the body lays down to protect the artery walls from inflamation and it is the product of Hyperinsulinemia and metabolic syndrome due to consuming too much sugar and carbs NOT from the animal fat that we consume.

All the science is explained in the video I linked called 'The Widow Maker' watching that video could literally change your life.
P, I dont doubt what you say at all and have watched Ivor and the other two videos included in your excellent, informative thread and also the first time you made reference to him. And I also gleaned quite a bit about what happens to your arteries and heart and about triglycerides and the mechanism which causes problems over time. But there appears to be a misunderstanding due to language. I'll admit the sentence is clipped, but that's a magazine article. "Trimming fat" means "from your waist", Not from your food. And, another member (from your country), Dave "O" said, " We are a two countries separated by a common language". I believe it... Thank you again for contributing to this very important subject, my friend.

Last edited:
P, I dont doubt what you say at all and have watched Ivor and the other two videos included in your excellent, informative thread and also the first time you made reference to him. And I also gleaned quite a bit about what happens to your arteries and heart and about triglycerides and the mechanism which causes problems over time. But there appears to be a misunderstanding due to language. I'll admit the sentence is clipped, but that's a magazine article. "Trimming fat" means "from your waste", Not from your food. And, another member (from your country), Dave "O" said, " We are a two countries separated by a common language". I believe it... Thank you again for contributing to this very important subject, my friend.

Hi Gb.
remember the nitpicker's mantra "you gotta be exact"
Trimming fat from your waste implies you should throw away less fat with your garbage.
Perhaps the article meant trimming fat from your waist?

P, I dont doubt what you say at all and have watched Ivor and the other two videos included in your excellent, informative thread and also the first time you made reference to him. And I also gleaned quite a bit about what happens to your arteries and heart and about triglycerides and the mechanism which causes problems over time. But there appears to be a misunderstanding due to language. I'll admit the sentence is clipped, but that's a magazine article. "Trimming fat" means "from your waste", Not from your food. And, another member (from your country), Dave "O" said, " We are a two countries separated by a common language". I believe it... Thank you again for contributing to this very important subject, my friend.

ha its not the language its the spelling bud. ;)Your quote says 'waste' I guess you mean waist as in midriff or belly, :D
I can't believe a University could use such a slang phase as 'trimming waist' in a published science paper :doh:

Hi Gb.
remember the nitpicker's mantra "you gotta be exact"
Trimming fat from your waste implies you should throw away less fat with your garbage.
Perhaps the article meant trimming fat from your waist?
Thanks, Fred, and the ambiguities, antonyms, homonyms and synonyms just keep on a comin'. :oops: I should just quit while I'm still ahead of the game. (game- a hunted quarry)

ha its not the language its the spelling bud. ;)Your quote says 'waste' I guess you mean waist as in midriff or belly, :D
I can't believe a University could use such a slang phase as 'trimming waist' in a published science paper :doh:
P, that was a magazine article about a what researchers said at Leeds Beckett. I don't know the wording of the science paper. But I learned something with this posting. With best intentions, you can become the game... :shootme: (game- a form of play or sport, decided by skill, strength or luck)

P, that was a magazine article about a what researchers said at Leeds Beckett. I don't know the wording of the science paper. But I learned something with this posting. With best intentions, you can become the game... :shootme: (game- a form of play or sport, decided by skill, strength or luck)

I wasn't picking you up on your spelling bud. honest ..god knows mine is bad enough :)
But.... this is a really important thread on life or death topics and I think we are all taking it seriously . That said I think it is important not to inadvertently give the wrong message or advice due to a spelling mistake or typo otherwise it pretty soon gets copy pasted all over the place and folk often take everything for granted on the net and don't bother to check the source . Governments, Big Pharma and Medical councils have misled and misinformed us for long enough I reckon.

I wasn't picking you up on your spelling bud. honest ..god knows mine is bad enough :)
But.... this is a really important thread on life or death topics and I think we are all taking it seriously . That said I think it is important not to inadvertently give the wrong message or advice due to a spelling mistake or typo otherwise it pretty soon gets copy pasted all over the place and folk often take everything for granted on the net and don't bother to check the source . Governments, Big Pharma and Medical councils have misled and misinformed us for long enough I reckon.
Speaking of Big Pharma, there is a recall on a common blood pressure medicine, which my wife was taking. The pharmacy called, yesterday and it was on the news, also. The medicine is Losartan in 50 mg strength, and the recall is due to an ingredient deemed a "probable carcinogen". For more information, Google "Losartan Recall".

Back